The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Set 60 chicken eggs this morning.

Mainly EE x EE, EE x white leghorn, cream legbar, and a few main pen mix.

I know these won't count but set 10 turkey eggs yesterday. My girls started laying just after the deadline to set turkey eggs.

Quail were laying got stressed after tornado flipped their cage about 30 feet. Haven't laid in 2 weeks. So no quail.

Happy hatching to all that set today.

:frow everyone!

My incubator is set up and ready to go :yesss:

As my hens have been uncooperative with producing me eggs I went and got 10 Brahma eggs from a friend. Then (I'm not sure how this happened) I ended with three goose eggs to hatch! :th
He said he will have any resulting goslings back so that's a bonus but I have no clue on hatching goslings :idunno I know they won't be part of the hatch a long but it's all very exciting to give them a go.

I'm glad I have a seperate incubator as I'm not sure everything will fit in the Brinsea but we will see.
For all the gosling hatchers out there what have you found the best humidity for these eggs?

:frow everyone!

My incubator is set up and ready to go :yesss:

As my hens have been uncooperative with producing me eggs I went and got 10 Brahma eggs from a friend. Then (I'm not sure how this happened) I ended with three goose eggs to hatch! :th
He said he will have any resulting goslings back so that's a bonus but I have no clue on hatching goslings :idunno I know they won't be part of the hatch a long but it's all very exciting to give them a go.

I'm glad I have a seperate incubator as I'm not sure everything will fit in the Brinsea but we will see.
For all the gosling hatchers out there what have you found the best humidity for these eggs?

You use the water pump! What are the benefits to it rather then just pouring water in every few days?

For my ducks I had humidity around 45- 55% and then for hatch 65%+

I set 16 eggs last night:

7 Silverudd's Blue from 3 different pens
2 Black Ameraucana
4 from my Chocolate Silverudd's Blue project
3 from my Chocolate Copper project

This is Fireball, one of my Chocolate Copper pullets. Photos don't really capture the glow that copper causes on the chocolate feathers. Her egg is the middle one.
big_smile.png

You use the water pump! What are the benefits to it rather then just pouring water in every few days? For my ducks I had humidity around 45- 55% and then for hatch 65%+
Thanks I may be able to get away with 45% with them in with chicken eggs but if they need higher they will have to go in the other incubator. I've read a lot of varied information on the humidity for these eggs. Yes I have the pump just for ease of use, just set it and forget it. Its great for getting a good average on the humidity during the whole of incubation and for getting it high at lockdown.
I set 16 eggs last night: 7 Silverudd's Blue from 3 different pens 2 Black Ameraucana 4 from my Chocolate Silverudd's Blue project 3 from my Chocolate Copper project This is Fireball, one of my Chocolate Copper pullets. Photos don't really capture the glow that copper causes on the chocolate feathers. Her egg is the middle one. :D
Wow! I love the colours of those egg :love

frow.gif
everyone!

As my hens have been uncooperative with producing me eggs I went and got 10 Brahma eggs from a friend. Then (I'm not sure how this happened) I ended with three goose eggs to hatch!
th.gif

He said he will have any resulting goslings back so that's a bonus but I have no clue on hatching goslings
idunno.gif
I know they won't be part of the hatch a long but it's all very exciting to give them a go.

Those goose eggs should be fun to hatch along with the other eggs. I like how you set them for display in that wee carton. They're gianormous! lol

75 eggs in. Total of eggs set 75. Will see what happens. First time with this group. Hope the Roo did his job.unsure of the duck and Turkey eggs in there that came from a friend. Nervous already.

Back
Top Bottom