The adventures of Barbara (BR)

Darling design...do you need help getting them printed? I'm happy to help get you them inexpensively. Black would be the best for that design. We can also put it on a coffee mug!

I have a teenage barbara, yep a fun little girl....I just noticed you are in Michigan. My son is getting his PhD is nuclear and material science at UOM/ann arbor, It's lovely territory, I can see why Barbara loves it

Well I've been following along, but not posting... Got a good shot of my own "Barbara" and thought I'd share it. My gals name is Alice! And she lives up to the BR reputation! What a fun little girl she is! (She is also proud to have just recently laid her first egg!)
9672_img_2204.jpg

Great design. Love it. I think would look best on black and I agree that "adventures of Barbara" should be printed underneath.

On another note, I have let Tyson and Sara out of the kennel to rummage in the yard.....because we are going to be gone over the weekend I have decided to break protocol and introduce the 12 Lil' Girls and Tyson and Sara. Tyson was also seeming stressed and was being rather aggressive (romance wise) to Sara. Now since he has been able to free range through the yard he seems much happier. Also, being around the 12 Lil' Girls Sara can run and hide if he gets too aggessive with his romancing. They spent the first night in the coop last night and are out right now enjoying a slight rain. The rain is bringing out all the earthworms and all 14 are having a good time. These photos are of introduction day and everyone was out.

Tyson and Sara
56740_chicks_001.jpg

Tyson and Sara
56740_chicks_002.jpg

My coop is the bottom floor of the old play house. There is still an upstairs and one of the Lil' Girls found the steps up to the upstairs to be a perfect roost. Getting down was a bit scary though and once when she was doing the getting down, she took out a couple of sisters that were roosting during noon nap on a lower rung.

"Look at me and how tall I am"
56740_chicks_003.jpg

"Watch me jump"
56740_chicks_004.jpg

Tyson seems much more relaxed and happy. He and Sara and the 12 Lil' Girls are still keeping their distance, but they all slept on the same roost last night, there was quite a bit of jostling for positions though. LOL.

(edited spelling)

Last edited:
Oh, btw, I would name the 12 Lil' Girls instead of grouping them all together, but there is little to no difference (other than personality) in them and I can barely tell any of them apart. So, short of putting different colored nail polish on each or a bow in their "feathers" I just can't tell them apart.

Quote:
Dear Mrs. Chickendad:

I would dearly love a T-shirt with the picture of Barbara tight-rope walking on the fence and saying "Does this fence make my butt look fat?".

Sincerely BJ (also a Barbara- but a human one)

You must be reading my mind! Here is the first rough design of what I am thinking:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/12082_barb_t_shirt.jpg

This would look best on a black shirt, but navy could work also. Comments?

I LOVE it. I want one, but I'll have to be careful not to wear it around Dude and Claudia. They'll get some ideas...

I love this thread and have enjoyed reading about all of Barbara's adventures!!! Pet Rock, my teenage barred rock, thinks that her mama needs a cool chicken t-shirt, too!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom