The African and Chinese goose thread!!

If that's large enough for us, should be for them:) I have a pantry door I grumble over that's only 25 inches. Off size and uhg!

Can anyone confirm or deny this is a white Chinese? She is 6 weeks old, no evidence of a knob. Sorry for the bad picture, I can only post pics from my tablet.
IMG_20170613_103438.jpg

Hi,
My African gander didn't start getting a nob will a few weeks ago and he's just now 3 months old. The males seem to get a nob more pronounced or faster than the others. Not much help here I'm afraid. New to geese and learning as I go

Mine has a little bit of a knob and "she" is about 3.5-4 months old. I tried vent sexing and didn't see anything that yelled gander, but for all I know Lucky is a Ricky.

Hi all! I'm a fairly new goose mom. My goslings are 9-10 weeks old now, roughly. They were sold to me as toulouse bit they're definitely either African or Chinese. Their names are Sunshine and Lollipop :) I'll get some new pictures of them in a bit but here are some of their baby pictures.

900x900px-LL-3816e371_IMG_1176.jpeg LL (12).jpg LL (11).jpg 900x900px-LL-a933ca8f_IMG_1267.jpeg

When do they quit laying our African female started beginning of Feb and is still laying every other day. She has no desire to sit on a clutch. They have both started to molt.

IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1107.JPG
"Lucy" turned out to be a "Ricky". He now needs a good PET ONLY home. He keeps trying to breed his bff, a duck, (don't ask... they bonded :confused:) and I'm afraid he will hurt her. He would like a home with a harem of lady geese friends, grass to forage on, and somewhere to swim/play in the water. We are located in Colorado.

My geese only mate in the water. They still aren't very old. I had to order a 6ft X 18" pool from Ace hardware. They are HARD to find but maybe are restocked now? Just a thought....or maybe you can dig a hole and put one of those liners in it for water? Just a thought......I think the pool was $29.00 and has been well worth it. I use a hose to siphon out the old water every 3 days. Believe me, they know when it's clean. Looks like a goose party around here when I change it LOL

Back
Top Bottom