The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

no, unfortunately they aren't in the US, but in Asia....Cemani are just better known of the various fibromelanistic breeds of chickens around the world.......many are equally as dark as Cemani, though to get to that darkness isn't overnight.....takes years and years and years over countless generations of carefull breedings.

so once I get my fibromal birds I know I have years of work ahead of me, probably be a good idea to start with good dark birds then ,right? my silkies have pale tongues so i will need another breed probably svarts to put over the silkie/Sumatra mixes. i am not discouraged , i am going to grab this breeding project of mine by the horns
cool.png

so once I get my fibromal birds I know I have years of work ahead of me, probably be a good idea to start with good dark birds then ,right?  my silkies have pale tongues so i will need another breed probably svarts  to put over the silkie/Sumatra mixes. i am not discouraged , i am going to grab this breeding project of mine by the horns:cool:
yes, start with the best you can find or have on hand.......I must say though, one thing that is lacking in other fibro breeds that are dark everywhere eles, the tongue is the hardest part to get really dark...always tend to be more grey colored...but mouth will get dark though....good luck and keep us updated

If anyone is interested, this isn't the project I'm working on, but it is a first generation cemani cross.

His legs and toes and toenails are all dark, and so is his skin in most places.
a very weird but strangely beautiful bird...

Ive got 4 cemani mixed with random chickens in my incubator along with 2 egg of my first 3rd gen Pure Cemani.

This way if only one cemani hatches it will have other chicks to hang out with.
and I might get something weird to look at, like Pyxis' bird, out of the deal too.

Who knows, I might even get REALLY REALLY LUCKY and get a purple bird like this one:

After 7 days, both 3rd gens are Candling well, and 4 "Random" birds are progressing well too...

Last edited:
a very weird but strangely beautiful bird...

Ive got 4 cemani mixed with random chickens in my incubator along with 2 egg of my first 3rd gen Pure Cemani.

This way if only one cemani hatches it will have other chicks to hang out with.
and I might get something weird to look at, like Pyxis' bird, out of the deal too.

Who knows, I might even get REALLY REALLY LUCKY and get a purple bird like this one:

After 7 days, both 3rd gens are Candling well, and 4 "Random" birds are progressing well too...

is that an ayam bekisar?

Yes, that shiny black purple bird is a ayam bekisar......that are green jungle fowl x red jungle fowl or domestic red jungle fowl descendants' offspring

The unique crow, sinlge wattle and no edge comb, all comes from the green jungle fowl influences........infact that is how cemani came about, from these fibro bekisar......

The unique crow, sinlge wattle and no edge comb, all comes from the green jungle fowl influences........infact that is how cemani came about, from these fibro bekisar......

wow , for some reason i thought it was the other way around , but now that you mention that it makes sense . the rare fibro wild gallus mixed into domestics ,or gallos domesticus
woot.gif
D.gif
it just makes sense now thank you for that
ep.gif
are you in Indonesia some where?

Back
Top Bottom