The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

I was waiting to read this entire ‘Breeders Club’ thread before I commented but it’s like reading the novel War and Peace (with spurts of war & peace… Lol) and is taking too long so I will just jump right n.

If you are just looking for fm meat birds and are not picky about hybrids, I will sell you some hatching eggs if you have means to hatch them.  I have been raising Hmong chickens for several years now (but I also raise many other breeds).  I bought my entire large flock from someone who was moving out of state.  He had been raising them for several years prior to me and he also bought them from someone years earlier who was moving out of state so my landrace line has been kept intact for many years.  I have been selling the heck out of them to the local s/e Asian community (Central CA) for eating and ceremonial purposes but whenever they saw them they would comment how big they were.  They are very solid, heavy and meaty! They have a pea comb and a very gamebird stature with a bird of prey hawk shape face.  I have always assumed they were Hmong chickens. However, up until just recently I have discovered that I may have mistakenly identified the breed.

I have a hobby business and sell chicks on our local craigslist.  By letting people come onto my property, I am very careful about bio-security.  However, I wasn't prepared for the 2-legged predator that came in the night and stole a group of my Hmong hens and ALL my roosters!  Although they left me with 11 hens, it is a little difficult to raise them with no rooster.  Thankfully, I had a large batch of eggs in my incubator and luckily there are several very nice roosters that came from it but they will not be mature enough for a while longer. In the meantime, I put a nice Ayam Cemani rooster in with the girls.  I have about 2 or 3 dozen eggs that are currently in lockdown and I am very curious to see what they will look like.  I did not plan on cross breeding either my Asian landrace or my Cemanis but thought I would do it just until my Hmong cockerels became of age because I hated to see the eggs go to waste.

However, in my search for a Hmong rooster for my hens, I ran across Greenfire Farms new release for 2017 of their Belgium Liege Fighters (which are large, fm, pea combs, hawk face, and Asian gamebird in their background).  I can’t be certain but my line seems to be a dead ringer for a Liege so I am beginning to wonder what I have (the past owner didn’t know)…  In any event, it sure hasn’t stopped the Asian community from coming back each year for more and more.  In addition, I have hatched out hundreds of Ayam Cemanis (GFF/TMA) and about 1 in every 100 chicks, I get a pure white Cemani (black to dark skin with gray/blue comb, wattles & feet).  I have 6 of them right now that I am thinking of breeding them to my Asian landrace line because I hear the Hmongs like white feathered chickens in December but who knows???? I want to keep my Hmong/Liege line pure but don’t mind experimenting with a fm meat bird line.
how much per egg? I hope to have a incubator by next year if everything goes as planned. It may be a bit but I will probably tackle you for contact info!

***** miss heny - how much per egg? *****
I would sell Asian x Cemani for $2 an egg. Here are a few pictures of what my Asian fm look like (most but not all are fm).

***** bluenkimchi - Do you have pics of your white sports? *****

Thank you!
love.gif

If anyone knows of anyone looking for AC in Northern Florida / jacksonville, I have a few available juves (4-5 weekish in age), I know for sure I have one (possibly two) cockerels and a pullet, point 'em my way! :)

(I love the little CCLB photo bombing them. :p )

I wish you were at least in the same country as me I love AC but no one in Canada sells them for a decent price
also beautiful birds
So if you hear of anyone in Canada selling them send them my way

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom