The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Cemani are not white feathered with black skin
Yes, so I have been told in an earlier post on this thread. Brandy's were identical to mine. I believe they are recessive white sports, but call them what you want. They all have slate blue legs and purplish to mulberry combs/wattles. They have black to bluish skin. Every chick I hatch out is breeding true. They all hatch out silver to dark gray but then they feather out white.

Here is a picture of my breeding pair and another picture of a couple juveniles in with some blacks.

Here is a picture of the 2 roosters that Brandy had.

Here are a couple of my roosters.

They must favor males because last year I got a total of 6 chicks (1 hen and 5 roosters). Brandy got 2 roosters. Like I said, they breed true and out of a couple dozen I have hatched so far, I have never gotten any 'Frankenstein' colors or markings.

Last edited:
Also to add. Something was going on environmentally bc most of my birds were males even with the pheasants. And the same with most of the people I know that breed birds.

Whatever their breeding, they don't meet any Ayam Cemani SOP or proposed SOP. Interesting, but like my Blue Spitzhauben, a bird for fun and not for breeding to standard.

Back
Top Bottom