The American Paint Silkie

I went to a Poultry show this past weekend. There were three paint silkies there. This was the prettiest of the three:

I love both those boys a LOT too (HardinPoultry and Squid2)!

Here's a cute shot of my girl (not showing many spots at this angle).

I haven't read through this forum but had a question. I bought some paint eggs from Shayna here on BYC, I'm on my second batch of eggs from here but the coloration is weird. Most of The ones that hatch black hatch with white wig tips and some white feet. She said that this would most likely feather out all black. Now on my second hatch the first one to hatch was a black showgirl with black wing and feet tips. Is this normal with the paint gene? It doesn't bother me at all I was just kind of curious as to what causes this in the paint gene?
Shaynas eggs are amazing btw, I've had great success so far and I'm not sure if its normal for silkies, but I've had them hatching mid day on day 19 and they are all finish by day 20! Pretty fast! :)

Sorry for it being sideways I wasnt sure how to flip it on my work computer. This is my paint roo and Black hen. I also added 2 other black hens to him. What is the percentage I will get paints?

[COLOR=800080]How is your little paint girl doing MooMooDiddy? Have you hatched any babies from her yet?[/COLOR]
she wont go broody!!!!!!!!!! ugh but im making a incucbator none of my other hens will go broody eithet i guess its too early for them but i am convenced i will have some more paints by this summer! shes doin a whole lot better thanx for asking!

% depends on his back round. I have recently discovered that if you breed a paint x paint bird (being both his parents were paints) to a black or blue, you get very few paints and lots of pure whites and no spots as they grow up.
Sorry for it being sideways I wasnt sure how to flip it on my work computer. This is my paint roo and Black hen. I also added 2 other black hens to him. What is the percentage I will get paints?

This is Spot my paint silkie, so far we think he's a fella based on his personality and slightly large comb. I would love any feedback on him. He is about 12 weeks such a sweet little guy. Has my favorite run of any bird i've ever had.. :)

Back
Top Bottom