The American Paint Silkie

I think your friend would get some whites, but he should expect to get other colors as well. If he just wants white he can sell those chicks that aren't white. I believe it was Mumsy that bred her paint roo over white hens and got an adorable hatch with two paint babies and a couple of blacks and partridge if I am remembering right.

Definitely! Me too. It's like this strange paint girl I have. All I know is she hatched from a paint egg and all her siblings are the typical black and white. Generally I thought leakage doesn't show up in large spots like that. I mean she has some sort of spotted diluted patches. Her spots are definitely the whole feather too.

I read your facebook link several times now, and I actually agree with what the young man is saying. I think he is trying to expound on Sonoran's comment. The only thing I really disagree on is he doesn't believe your girl is paint and I think she is. I think because he doesn't see any black feathers he doesn't believe she is paint.

I like your girl's color. If that is lavender spots I'm not sure how you would go about reproducing it, if you wanted to. But she should definitely have some paint babies. If you bred her with a rooster of color rather than a paint, that would tell you for sure if she is paint.

Back
Top Bottom