The American Paint Silkie

Yes, I definitely want to get a nice black roo to put over my girls. I have a paint boy for sale. My girls link good, no pigment holes. He has pigment holes in his eyes and some hard tail feathers. Otherwise he's a good looking boy. That the roo my friend is wondering about for his white hen.
Here he is

His eyes

This is him by my porcelain roo. You can see those tail feathers I'm not crazy about lol.

Yes, I definitely want to get a nice black roo to put over my girls. I have a paint boy for sale. My girls link good, no pigment holes. He has pigment holes in his eyes and some hard tail feathers. Otherwise he's a good looking boy. That the roo my friend is wondering about for his white hen.
Here he is

His eyes

This is him by my porcelain roo. You can see those tail feathers I'm not crazy about lol.

Sadly, I do not have the knowledge to comment on the color and hole conversation - and actually am going to need to put a blue rooster over paint hens for my breeding pen. However...the point that interests me is the 'white' hen part. Unless you go white to white - then isnt it a roll of the dice on what you will get with a white and (any other color) pairing? ... Even if the any other color is paint?

That's why I was asking originally. I wasn't 100% sure. Whites are somewhat an enigma to me. Paints are the closest to white I've really dealt with. My friend was originally wanting a white rooster for his white hen, but asked me about my paint when I put him up for sale yesterday. I told him I would ask some more knowledgeable people. I told him what Soran said, I trust her advise on the thread. That strangeness afterwards was just strange and confused me. For my paint girls I'm looking for a nice black to put them with :D

Back
Top Bottom