The "are quail worth it" answer thread

Quote:
OMG . . .
droolin.gif

I think this is your best pic yet!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I keep my coturnix in my hoop house. I made it out of an old dog kennel. They run around on the dirt floor that is covered in hay. Their hutch (where the girls lay their eggs) is in the corner and I use the top to store plants. I have water tubs with shelves on them for more plants. The have a lot of places to run around. I fill their food and waterer about once a week. Totally low maintenance.

Quote:
Okie-Dokie.......you've got us in suspense, now tell us what you did to them quarters from this pic until it went into some tummies? I must admit, that's an entree that's scarce at most households!!
smile.png

Quote:
Okie-Dokie.......you've got us in suspense, now tell us what you did to them quarters from this pic until it went into some tummies? I must admit, that's an entree that's scarce at most households!!
smile.png

YES YES!
fl.gif
I think this is the second time I've seen you post that pic, and I am dying to know how you prepare your buffalo style quail legs!! Looks and sounds fantastic!

when I am in eastern NC the simple ACV and cayenne pepper is mighty tasty it may have a few more ingredients depending on who prepares the sauce

Quote:
Out of curiosity (seeing how I'm actually close to you), how much do you charge for those eggs? I would probably have to talk to you about getting eggs next year as we don't have a place to keep little birds safe yet. Other people might like to see how much the eggs can be sold for.

Quote:
Out of curiosity (seeing how I'm actually close to you), how much do you charge for those eggs? I would probably have to talk to you about getting eggs next year as we don't have a place to keep little birds safe yet. Other people might like to see how much the eggs can be sold for.

it depends on how many they want to buy

1 dz =$3 2 dz =2.50 more then 4 dz=$2/dz depending on what part of suffolk you are in Newport News is covered in the same kind of restaurants I sell to I do not go to the oceanfront because someone else is already down there but green run has a take out on every corner the best set up I have seen so far is roll out pens mount on conduit legs there is not a predator alive that can climb a shiny metal pole you have to keep your pens 2-3 feet away from fences and such I have been purposely not trying to sell to the buffets but I may try to market to them soon . is your name mike ?

Suffolk is kina a funny town I was thinking about the bennets creek end of it chuckatuck and such from there there are a number of restaurants in churchland and then N.N. is right across the bridge there is another breeder I just met in chuckatuck he sells mostly on e-bay I just sold some birds and eggs to a guy named mike from suffolk tonight. I saw your screen name ya just never know sometimes more then one person uses a computer
smile.png
I hope I am still on topic
smile.png
sorry I did,nt mean to jack the thread
caf.gif
hide.gif
yea quail are worth it keeps me outa trouble
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom