The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

I’m assuming your saying he can’t be that rooster that fertilized the egg, correct? He was my only rooster. I got rid of my other rooster 3 weeks prior. To big of a word for me if that’s not what you meant haha 😂
hens have been known to keep sperm for up to 3 weeks. I don't believe the chick has any Cemani blood in it specially if it's a pullet, if the chick is a pullet she should be all Black, black chick down, black skin, black beak all black. If the chick is a male and inherited sex linked Id from mother he should have signs of Fibromelanosis even if the skin is clear, the beak should be dark purple or dark green, also the nails.

I just don't see any signs of Fibromelanosis(there are signs even if Sex linked dermal inhibitor is present)

Look at the beak.. the light parts should be dark purple at the very least

1688497634808.png

Last edited:
hens have been known to keep sperm for up to 3 weeks. I don't believe the chick has any Cemani blood in it specially if it's a pullet, if the chick is a pullet she should be all Black, black chick down, black skin, black beak all black.
I was wondering why she looked the way she did! That makes a lot of sense, then she is mixed with a black Ameraucana as the father. Does this make more sense? I admire your knowledge!

Attachments

• C8764C3C-B704-424C-8C6A-1DC77EAED5BC.jpeg
    C8764C3C-B704-424C-8C6A-1DC77EAED5BC.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 55D582D8-63E1-47CB-805F-29A882836586.jpeg
    55D582D8-63E1-47CB-805F-29A882836586.jpeg
    570.6 KB · Views: 7
I was wondering why she looked the way she did! That makes a lot of sense, then she is mixed with a black Ameraucana as the father. Does this make more sense? I admire your knowledge!
Yes, that's the sire. the chick has a pea comb, if the Cemani was the sire not only she would have Fibromelanosis showing but the chick comb should be single instead of pea comb.

1688497832808.png

My Laughing Chicken mix turns out to be cockerel. Starting to saddle early at 5 weeks. He has female partridge pattern on the breast feathers, what gene would cause that?

Updated with pictures.
20230706_193918.jpg
20230706_193938.jpg
20230706_194244.jpg

Also I solved the mystery on who the dad is. I completely forgot I moved my laughing chicken pullet into the bantam coop, during the whole tom Turkey incident. The father is my OEGB/Phoenix cross rooster.

Last edited:
My Laughing Chicken mix turns out to be cockerel. Starting to saddle early at 5 weeks. He has female partridge pattern on the breast feathers, what gene would cause that?
Lack of testosterone on his blood stream. As he ages his level of testosterone will rise and the female partridge patter will disappear.

Lack of testosterone on his blood stream. As he ages his level of testosterone will rise and the female partridge patter will disappear.
Didn't come to my mind, that was happening. How common is it?

The father has interesting shaped breast feathers, they're pointed like his hackles. Will get pictures later.

Back
Top Bottom