The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
What color would you consider this Satin roo to be?
Would he be considered columbian based?
His feathers have an interesting style to them...would he be good to use for porcelain breeding project if bred with porcelain d'uccle?

Attachments

• IMG_165313622889F.jpg
    IMG_165313622889F.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_165313621246F.jpg
    IMG_165313621246F.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 9
What color would you consider this Satin roo to be?
Would he be considered columbian based?
His feathers have an interesting style to them...would he be good to use for porcelain breeding project if bred with porcelain d'uccle?
Not columbian based, more like Silver Partridge with mottling, he is really mixed with all possible colors found on Silkies

@nicalandia I thought this young gentleman was pure Blue Australorp when he was a young chick, but now, at 12 weeks he's developed distinctly gold leakage on his shoulders.

Possible fathers are a Black Langshan and a Blue Australorp.

Possible mothers are:

Blue Australorp
Black Langshan
Light Brahma (though I attempted to avoid her eggs because they're usually wonky)
Silver-Laced Wyandotte (again, avoided because she usually lays wonky eggs)
Lavender Orpington x Silver-Laced Wyandotte
California White
Mottled Java (though I don't *think* they were laying yet and I only set eggs in the 60-70g range).

0602220959a.jpg

0602221001.jpg

0602221001a-jpg.3133362

None of my Blues show any gold leakage. Neither do his blue sisters or his black brother.

Attachments

• 0602221001a.jpg
    0602221001a.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 36
@nicalandia I thought this young gentleman was pure Blue Australorp when he was a young chick, but now, at 12 weeks he's developed distinctly gold leakage on his shoulders.

Possible fathers are a Black Langshan and a Blue Australorp.

Possible mothers are:

Blue Australorp
Black Langshan
Light Brahma (though I attempted to avoid her eggs because they're usually wonky)
Silver-Laced Wyandotte (again, avoided because she usually lays wonky eggs)
Lavender Orpington x Silver-Laced Wyandotte
California White
Mottled Java (though I don't *think* they were laying yet and I only set eggs in the 60-70g range).

View attachment 3133357

Langshangs can't be either Sire or Dame since they have feathered shanks, that would have shown on that fine cockerel. That rules out the Light Brahma hen as dame as well. California white hen can't be the dame as he would have been either White with black specks or Single Barred and much smaller.

Tha leaves us with two possible dames. The Blue Australorp hen or the Orpington/Wyandotte Cross hen(Highly likely this is the dame).

My Guesstimate would be that a Blue Australorp mated to a Black Hen (coming from the cross of a Lavender Orp x Wyandotte) will result on a cockerel that looks very much like a Blue Australorp in build with some leakage.

Last edited:
Langshangs can't be either Sire or Dame since they have feathered shanks, that would have shown on that fine cockerel. That rules out the Light Brahma hen as dame as well. California white hen can't be the dame as he would have been either White with black specks or Single Barred and much smaller.

Tha leaves us with two possible dames. The Blue Australorp hen or the Orpington/Wyandotte Cross hen(Highly likely this is the dame)

Thank you.

I'm selling him if someone will buy him (or otherwise eating him myself), and I don't want to mislabel a crossbreed since I know I'd be angry if someone did that to me.

He's certainly a pretty thing and a couple weeks ahead of his hatch-brothers in maturity.

Thank you.

I'm selling him if someone will buy him (or otherwise eating him myself), and I don't want to mislabel a crossbreed since I know I'd be angry if someone did that to me.

He's certainly a pretty thing and a couple weeks ahead of his hatch-brothers in maturity.
If you really like it, you should have giving "Like" or "Love" to that post. I am just saying. Gimme Some Lovin

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom