The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Oh I could be lavender and white. Black is used to improve egg color in every variety of Ameraucana in bantam and LF. Both are recessive so both hen and cock bird could carry both. That one chick is lavender, 97% sure. The other .... I disavow ... its not real its fake.:tongue
Has the hen been with any other male in the last two months?

Don't take this the wrong way, but... Isn't Long one of your birds that was off-type for a Malay anyway? Wouldn't this kinda be more proof that he's not purebred after all?
Indian Malays, they're not an established breed unlike the Malays that are bred to the American SOP. You will get variation among individuals. Long is an example of longer neck feathers, & tail feathers. He's got all Malay traits, besides that. If he were a mix he wouldn't have the Double Preen glands, which are a common unique recessive trait of Oriental Gamefowls.
20230123_145831.jpg
I'll just let it be, so I'm stopping here. There's no use trying to explain why he looks different again, I've already explained once.

Will just come back with a different question when I have one.

Last edited:
Yes, webbed toes are genetic. I am believe it is incompletely dominant or polygenic. The consensus seems to be that it is a dominant gene that has other genes needed in order for it to present. Most commonly feather footed. I am unsure of the other closely related genes at play. In order to prevent this in the future you would not want to breed the bird
I wast going to breed it, Ill butcher him when he gets older. He'll(or she) will grow pretty fast and big.

Is true spangles a recessive or dominant gene? Like spangled hamburgs have...I believe they're spangles aren't mottle related and are a different gene right?

Reading about spangles it isn't always clear to me if the writer is talking about Millie fluer type mottling or spangle genes.

Back
Top Bottom