The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

On this post check post a member asked how would a Wyandotte chick look like that, I immediately confirmed that it was in fact not a Wyandotte but a F1s from a Wyandotte/Black Sex link cross.

How do I know that? It's simple. You build up the bird's phenotype starting from it's e allele(and known phenotype expression as chicks, juvenile and adult) and keep building on top of that(what is possible and not according to known effect, be it empirical or known research)

What do you think this girl is expressing? 🤔 And what do you think I'd get if I bred her to this boy?

IMG_20211226_160433~2.jpg

The gold on his neck is completely gone and now it's just silver.

IMG_20211008_183757~2.jpg

Now, that is a really helpful site! Thank you!
I am acquaintance with the site builder and have the pleasure of learning(while being a member of "The Classroom At The Coop" forums) many things from the smartest poultry geneticist Doctor Ronald Okimoto while he was active on the forum circa mid 2000s. Also know renowned posters from that place(Henk, creator of the chicken calculator), Sonoran Silkies and many more

What do you think this girl is expressing? 🤔 And what do you think I'd get if I bred her to this boy?
She is Heterozygous Wheaten with heterozygous pattern gene, if you cross her with that heterozygous Barred blue rooster 50% of the chicks will hatch Blue(50% of them will be blue barred), 50% will be black(50% of them will be black barred) on both genders, the barred males(blue or black) will be heterozygous for barring as well

She is Heterozygous Wheaten with heterozygous pattern gene, if you cross her with that heterozygous Barred blue rooster 50% of the chicks will hatch Blue(50% of them will be blue barred), 50% will be black(50% of them will be black barred) on both genders, the barred males(blue or black) will be heterozygous for barring as well
Thank you very much!!

Back
Top Bottom