The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Silkies (beside all of their mutations) are very close genetically to Red Jungle Fowls.
Okay, thanks.

Is there another breed I should cross to see how closely related they are to the Red JungleFowl?
I've got a Buff Orpington hen, Sumatra Rooster, & hen, Malay hens, & roosters. Will probably do it next year.

Here's the better pictures of Malay #1.
20220707_124245.jpg
20220707_124246.jpg
20220707_124313.jpg
20220707_124329.jpg
20220707_124333.jpg

Are you saying that cockerel, with dark legs, is an example of a skin color sexlink?
His legs turned slate about a week ago, he hatched white skinned. Legs were pink at hatch.
I don't have pictures before the change though.

Father was a Silkie, mother a Red JungleFowl hybrid.
20220707_185806.jpg

His legs turned slate about a week ago, he hatched white skinned. Legs were pink at hatch.
I don't have pictures before the change though.

Father was a Silkie, mother a Red JungleFowl hybrid.
If he has dark legs now, he is not a sexlink as regards skin color. Some dark legs seem to be visible from hatch, and some show up later.

What color legs do the parents have? Silkies and Red Junglefowl ought to have dark legs (black for Silkie), but the mother being a hybrid could have gotten another color from some other breed.

If he has dark legs now, he is not a sexlink as regards skin color. Some dark legs seem to be visible from hatch, and some show up later.

What color legs do the parents have? Silkies and Red Junglefowl ought to have dark legs (black for Silkie), but the mother being a hybrid could have gotten another color from some other breed.
Father black skinned, mother white skinned with slate legs.

To be more clear, mother is Red JungleFowl X American Gamefowl.

Back
Top Bottom