The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Could be Recessive White.

Here's better pictures, all fluffed and dry. Their dad is blue with silver barring. Momma could be anyone out in my flock that lays green - a blue wheaten, an ee that expresses brown (like a brown leghorn), and an EE that looks like a brown leghorn but is red instead of brown? If the Blue Wheaten is mom, her mom was either a pure white EE or an EE that had red leakage on her wings.

Attachments

• 20220714_123804~2.jpg
    20220714_123804~2.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220714_123811.jpg
    20220714_123811.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 4
Looks like it's just gonna be a blue Cuckoo/Barred chicken when it feathers out. Might end up with red leakage when it gets older.
Here's better pictures, all fluffed and dry. Their dad is blue with silver barring. Momma could be anyone out in my flock that lays green - a blue wheaten, an ee that expresses brown (like a brown leghorn), and an EE that looks like a brown leghorn but is red instead of brown? If the Blue Wheaten is mom, her mom was either a pure white EE or an EE that had red leakage on her wings.

I have this pullet. She is a mix of Mosaic and Gold Neck D'uccle. Black skin, feathered legs and muffs. White completely with buff/light orange leakage.
20220714_142429.jpg

What would I get crossing her to a Gold neck D'uccle?
20220714_114224.jpg

What would I get crossing her to a partridge silkie?
20220714_114304.jpg

Hi there, if I were to cross my Speckled sussex girls with a buff sire, would I end up offspring with buff base and speckling similar to Swedish Flower Hen?

Thinking about turning my OEGBs into their standard sized counterpart. What would be the best route to go?

I could use Malay, Red JungleFowl hybrids, Pure Red JungleFowl, or Black Sumatra(Extra Fancy).

Which of the birds listed would be best to use for resizing a Bantam?

Thinking about turning my OEGBs into their standard sized counterpart. What would be the best route to go?

I could use Malay, Red JungleFowl hybrids, Pure Red JungleFowl, or Black Sumatra(Extra Fancy).

Which of the birds listed would be best to use for resizing a Bantam?
Help out with Questions #673 and #674 and I will help you out here.

I have this pullet. She is a mix of Mosaic and Gold Neck D'uccle. Black skin, feathered legs and muffs. White completely with buff/light orange leakage.

What would I get crossing her to a Gold neck D'uccle?

What would I get crossing her to a partridge silkie?

Sorry for the long delay, overall don't like to guess on cross breeds.

"The creation of a mosaic involves putting different pieces together to create an image. In a way, the Mosaic Chicken is just that. These birds are not an actual breed. They are composed of other different chicken breeds. For this reason, a lot of things regarding these birds are unpredictable. Depending on your view, this would either be the Mosaic’s most or least appealing quality."

What we know about that F1 hen is that she is id+ and Fm/fm+ with 50% of the Gold Neck D'uccle. Which is Millie Fleur with Dominant White.

So she appears to be ER/eb, Co/co+, Mo+/mo, I/i+(Heterozygous dominant white), Fm/fm+, id+/- and s+/-

If you cross her back to Golden Neck, you have chances of getting many that will look golden neck(columbian and with mottling) others will look millie fleur, others will look columbian restricted and other mainly white or black.

That Silkie rooster does not look partridge but red.. If you cross with that rooster all birds will have black skin(50% males will have lighter dark skin). All of them will have normal feathering and mostly gold or black/white

Sorry for the long delay, overall don't like to guess on cross breeds.

"The creation of a mosaic involves putting different pieces together to create an image. In a way, the Mosaic Chicken is just that. These birds are not an actual breed. They are composed of other different chicken breeds. For this reason, a lot of things regarding these birds are unpredictable. Depending on your view, this would either be the Mosaic’s most or least appealing quality."

What we know about that F1 hen is that she is id+ and Fm/fm+ with 50% of the Gold Neck D'uccle. Which is Millie Fleur with Dominant White.

So she appears to be ER/eb, Co/co+, Mo+/mo, I/i+(Heterozygous dominant white), Fm/fm+, id+/- and s+/-

If you cross her back to Golden Neck, you have chances of getting many that will look golden neck(columbian and with mottling) others will look millie fleur, others will look columbian restricted and other mainly white or black.

That Silkie rooster does not look partridge but red.. If you cross with that rooster all birds will have black skin(50% males will have lighter dark skin). All of them will have normal feathering and mostly gold or black/white
He's definitely a partridge male. I'll try to get a better picture. So if I put the pullet with with D'uccle, would any hatch with dark skin?

Back
Top Bottom