The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

I bought a day old chick last fall (2021). She is an Astra White- white with a few black dots and lays cream color eggs. She is supposed to be a crossbreed from a black astralorp and white leghorn. She started molting after a long broody period. This doesn't look like a black astrlorp or white leghorn.

Austra-Whites are indeed the result of a cross between Black Australorps and White Leghorns, They hatch yellow with black spots and grow to be mostly white. As to why that bird turned from white to grey? Well that is a mystery. White Leghorns are known to hide blue and other mutations.

Austra-Whites are indeed the result of a cross between Black Australorps and White Leghorns, They hatch yellow with black spots and grow to be mostly white. As to why that bird turned from white to grey? Well that is a mystery. White Leghorns are known to hide blue and other mutations.
A mystery indeed :p . It's beautiful though.

An update on my hen. Her final transformation. Should start laying again soon.
20221118_130108.jpg

Yes. I can’t wait to see the final transformation
Hope you update.
Looks as if you have the opposite going on, rather the same as mine. My girls transformation includes pigmentation loss in the skin, which there's a few different conditions that does this. I've already ruled out vitiligo, since that effects young chickens of a few months of age, & it's an autoimmune disease situation.

Hope you update.
Looks as if you have the opposite going on, rather the same as mine. My girls transformation includes pigmentation loss in the skin, which there's a few different conditions that does this. I've already ruled out vitiligo, since that effects young chickens of a few months of age, & it's an autoimmune disease situation.
Will update when her tail feathers come in

My friend has a pure silkie rooster. He is solid white with black skin and feathered legs. If he is covering clean legged hens like Australorp, Sussex, and Americaunas how much of a chance will it be to get chicks without feathered legs? I really like the idea of clean legged birds who are half silkie. We keep our hens as pets in our backyard would love one as friendly as a silkie with better laying habits and clean legs because we live in a VERY, VERY WET part of our nation.

Hello :frow
I have a Cockerel whom I bought as a Buff Sussex. The thing is he lacks any black feathers (there's some small black streaks on some of his tail feathers) and he also has yellow feet.
My question is what has caused him to be white and is it possible for him to actually be pure Sussex or is he crossed with something?

Attachments

• 20221123_192220.jpg
    20221123_192220.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221123_192159.jpg
    20221123_192159.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom