The "Asparagus-is-fine-just-not-my-favorite" club!

Will you join the asparagus-is-fine-just-not-my-favorite club?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I'm an asparagus lover

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No, I'm an asparagus hater

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Pics

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I feel kinda left out of both the Burn-the-hills-of-asparagus-club club and the United Nation of Asparagus Lovers. So, anyone who is in the middle, where you think asparagus is fine, but its not your FAVORITE vegetable? I'm definitely in that club. It's fine, just not my favorite (I prefer broccoli or brussels sprouts)
Rules:
Be kind!
This is just for fun. No wars shall be started between the clubs.
Post what you like and what you dislike about Asparagus.
Also, how do you cook your asparagus?
Cat Eating GIF

I feel kinda left out of both the Burn-the-hills-of-asparagus-club club and the United Nation of Asparagus Lovers. So, anyone who is in the middle, where you think asparagus is fine, but its not your FAVORITE vegetable? I'm definitely in that club. It's fine, just not my favorite (I prefer broccoli or brussels sprouts)
Rules:
Be kind!
This is just for fun. No wars shall be started between the clubs.
Post what you like and what you dislike about Asparagus.
Also, how do you cook your asparagus?
Cat Eating GIF
:frow

I am very fond of asparagus, but it's not my favorite-favorite (that distinction belongs to green beans).

I like it steamed, grilled, and raw. Yup, snap off a stalk, and eat it in the garden. I like that it's good for you too. Even if it makes your pee smell funny.

How do I cook my asparagus . . . toss it in a bit of oil and add it to the roasting pan in the hot oven, about the same time as the sausage, after the longer-cooking vegetables (e.g. chunked sweet potatoes or potatoes) have softened a bit. Mmmmm

Edit: Definitely chunked onion and garlic in there, too. Sweet potato gets tossed with cajun seasoning as well as oil, sausage is tossed with a bit of mustard, of course there's ground black pepper. Green beans (tossed with rosemary or Italian seasoning) when asparagus is out of season. Super-easy meal!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom