1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

the attention span of an eight grader

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by soccerguy17, Jun 5, 2007.

1. soccerguy17

soccerguy17 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    washington
    well i went to a friends house for a party and he had about 35 chickens roaming around and all the kids thought "LOOK CHICKENS CHASE THEM!":mad:[​IMG] so for about five minutes 7 8th graders chased the poor chooks and couldnt catch them and they cornered a BR hen who fell in the cow water and began drowning! and no one does any thing! so i dive head first into green cow water and pick out the hen who is terrified and set her down. she proceeds to hop in my lap and fall asleep. as every one is laughing crazily at my saving of the BR hen. and i began my chicken lecture but then everybody got bored and said "lets go pee on the electric fence!" so five minutes later and two hospital trips for electricity to the wrong spot and im home wet with cow water and laughing at the attetion span and common sence of an 8th grader. just thought youd enjoy my story thanks for reading!

2. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    ain't puberty a wonderful thing...[​IMG]

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Serves them right! Too bad the cows didn't chase THEM!

Wow, when I was in the eighth grade, I used to go to the pasture down the hill and water the cows just because I thought they looked thirsty. Where were these kids' PARENTS???

Meghan

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

8th graders are stupid sometimes. I sure hope I wasn't that dumb back then. Parents should be punished for their kids misbehavior sometimes.

5. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    2 trips to the hospital?? are you serious??? they didn't learn when the 1st one was hauled off....that's too funny!!!

6. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    That's a good one. Hope the kids learned something. I never let mine torture animals when they were young...at least not while they were in my presence! It kills me how parents let their kids do anything and then will want to blame someone else when the consequences are bad. Personally if mine had chased the chickens, I'd have scolded them mightyly but I might have just let em pee on the fence for good measure.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] peeing on an electric fence....BOYS!! As my gramps would have said.... " That'll learn ya durn ya"

8. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Next thing you know they'll be placing their tongues on frozen metal light poles.....[​IMG]

9. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    To bad there was not a bull in with cows. That may have gotten there attention, but them again. I would have [​IMG] ed my kids for acting that way.

10. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I can't even get my 8th grade to even look at the chickens. He don't give a squat about them. Its star wars & army & video games.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by