The babies have arrived! ^_^

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
So, I ordered late this year, and they were sold out of most of the breeds I wanted, SO I went for the assorted rare breeds grab bag. I got ten little ones from the rare breed lotto, and I have figured out at least one for sure (most definitely a Sicilian buttercup), but I am not sure on most of the others. I have a pair of these, and they have me stumped. Maybe more experienced chickaholics will be able to enlighten me? These came from "my pet chicken", and they can be anything from the following gigantic list:

buckeye, ancona, easter egger (I also ordered three of these. I do not see any other puffy cheeked babies in the bunch), Ameraucana, black Sumatra, Andalusian, appenzeller spitzhauben, Sicilian buttercup, salmon faverolle, golden campine, buff chantecler, blue laced red Wyandotte, barnevelder, brahma, marans (any color), Dominique, Columbian Wyandotte, dark Cornish, cochin, welsummer, white sultan, polish, exchequer leghorn, speckled Sussex, hamburg, lakenvelder,partridge penedesenca, jersey giant, blue orpington, silver grey dorking, Egyptian fayoumi, and black langshan.

The suspects are white with black racing stripes, possible rose combs, and grey/green feet. They are a touch smaller than the other chicks, and like to attack their mate's toes. They were the first to escape from the brooder, and seem very curious and active. Ideas?

wing tips are coming in black, and white.

You can kindof see the gray/green foot color in this picture.

I think your unknown chick is a Silver Spangled Hamburg. Its very cute!
smile.png

I hope so! I adore the way those look. I have a pair of them! I am trying to get other pics of the ones I cant ID, but they are FAST! lol

okay, here come the rest!

This chick has a single comb, a chipmunk pattern, and pink toes. She *might* be the speckled Sussex I ordered.

This pretty chickie has buttery yellow feathers coming in, and a single comb with pink feet. Perhaps her feathers will lighten as she grows? I didn't order a buff orpington, and buffs aren't on the list of possibilities.

hm you're right...mystery chipmunk could be a wellie....I have a crew of them...I am not sure how to tell chipmunks apart :/

This is my first time with chicks, but my Welsummers look very much like your chipmunk ones. My Ameracuana and Easter Eggers also look chipmunk-y too ;)

Back
Top Bottom