The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

I have not seen any other colors. I guess technically speaking that black has been though, I have chocolates and because of that I also have black that I am going to keep seperate as well.

I've been following this thread since I have some chocolate bantams myself. They are so sweet. I have chicks and hatching eggs available if anyone is interested. Only 2 chicks now, so I can't ship, but more soon. Hatching eggs available now though. Here are some pics :)

I've been following this thread since I have some chocolate bantams myself. They are so sweet. I have chicks and hatching eggs available if anyone is interested. Only 2 chicks now, so I can't ship, but more soon. Hatching eggs available now though. Here are some pics :)

I have 7 bantam chocolate Orpington eggs in the bator. Candled last night at the end of day 10, & I STILL can't really tell squat! Are they more difficult to candle than large fowl?? Its driving me CRAZY... And I'm close enough already to walk!

Yes, I put them ALL back in. Even though 1 has a detached air cell, my bf was like freaking out that I was going to throw it away. Lol He's so funny!! I will have to sneak it out when he's not home.

28 Weeks Old Today...... and Two of these have laid their first eggs. I came into the run about 11:00am, and they were already sitting. One came off the nest, and sang all around the run. She checked out every corner then back to the nest. All the while the other kept groaning. Like a repetitious cluck-cluck-cluck. Then the first one finally laid her egg and cackled loudly about it, causing the groaner to come off her nest, and she looked plumb pitiful. All humped up and feathers fluffed. She'd take a step and strain for all she was worth, then take another step, and strain again. I couldn't take that, so I left. When I returned in a few hours there she was just as spry and bouncy as the others, and there was her egg lying in the middle of the run. It was just a normal egg, but you'd have thought it was a square egg from the OoooH-AaaaH bird. LoL.
th.gif

Last edited:
Hello,
Sure are some pretty bird's here. I ha e bantam chocolates and a couple project chocolate cuckoo pullets myself.....LOVE THEM! I would love to add some buff bantams. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Hatching eggs would be great!

Hello,
Sure are some pretty bird's here. I ha e bantam chocolates and a couple project chocolate cuckoo pullets myself.....LOVE THEM! I would love to add some buff bantams. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Hatching eggs would be great!

I think Jim Hall has some nice Buff Bantams. He is hallfamilyfarms on here.

Back
Top Bottom