The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Sounds good. Thanks. :)
Sorry it took so long. First 2 hatches have no straight Ch chicks, they're my experiment. Now, how do you link to an album? Oh well. If you go to the album in my profile called Choc Orps, there's more info about each pic and who's who. Will post more when I can get my adults to hold still.The ones here are old pics. Also will post when the first pure Ch chickies hatch.

Sorry it took so long. First 2 hatches have no straight Ch chicks, they're my experiment. Now, how do you link to an album? Oh well. If you go to the album in my profile called Choc Orps, there's more info about each pic and who's who. Will post more when I can get my adults to hold still.The ones here are old pics. Also will post when the first pure Ch chickies hatch.
Thanks for the pics!
We ended up finding some whites and blacks that we are going to go with for now because they are accepted colors. I will keep you in mind for the future though. :)

Thanks for the pics!
We ended up finding some whites and blacks that we are going to go with for now because they are accepted colors. I will keep you in mind for the future though. :)
NP. We can't get them accepted until people start showing them... :) Will you post your pics? The bantam orps have a special kind of awww factor...

NP. We can't get them accepted until people start showing them... :) Will you post your pics? The bantam orps have a special kind of awww factor...
You bet! I am coordinating with the breeder to get them here. She is awesome…so generous and helpful!
These birds are going to be 4H show birds for my twins. They are so excited! Truth be told, I am excited for them. Should be so much fun!

Is that really all it takes to get them accepted? Showing them? I thought there was some mysterious, nebulous APA vote based on so many generations bred! Lol
Seriously though, is it just the showing? I have a lot to learn in the showing dept!

Oh, yes, it's more than just showing them, but if everybody hides their birds, why would it look like people wanted them accepted. I've been following one of the Spitzhauben facebook threads with interest, as only the silver is a registered color, but they come in five or six, I think, and they are working on getting more added. It's quite a process and needs sort of a 'critical mass' of interest and boosterism, which isn't a word, but I hope you know what I mean. I'd say lobbyists, but that has too much WA D.C. overtone.
gig.gif
Oh, I'm not as funny as I think I am, better go back to checking email...

Oh, yes, it's more than just showing them, but if everybody hides their birds, why would it look like people wanted them accepted. I've been following one of the Spitzhauben facebook threads with interest, as only the silver is a registered color, but they come in five or six, I think, and they are working on getting more added. It's quite a process and needs sort of a 'critical mass' of interest and boosterism, which isn't a word, but I hope you know what I mean. I'd say lobbyists, but that has too much WA D.C. overtone.
gig.gif
Oh, I'm not as funny as I think I am, better go back to checking email...
I do see what you mean.
I just don't see why, if you have a color that breeds true AND the bird is true to type, it isn't accepted right away.
Heavens! We sure wouldn't want any WA DC overtones here! LOL
Well, like I said, I will keep you ladies with the Chocs in mind for the future.
Have you seen the reds from the UK. I think they are gorgeous! But seeing how I have 3 red-headed kids, I might just be biased! Lol

Back
Top Bottom