The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Pics
Hope I'm not interupting but I hope to be the proud owner of some new Bantam Orps sometime soon!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also thought about a lavender orp bantam project but I was going to use a black orp rooster over bantam lav ameraucana hens since ameraucanas and orps both have white skin, both varieties in this cross would have slate legs as well. I should get some single combs out of the mix because lav ameraucanas have that gene and then I would have to work on type and the beard. Would that be easier than trying to shrink them?

Here are a few pictures that I took today of my four week olds.
love.gif

49849_dsc04601.jpg

49849_dsc04606.jpg

49849_dsc04609.jpg

Quote:
nice lookin chicks. I dont need any more varieties. I dont need any more varieties. I dont need any more varieties. I dont need any more varieties.

YES you do need more varieties.... you do need more varieties.... you do need more varieties.... you do need more varieties....
tongue2.gif

Thank you for the compliment, the bantams are my focus this year.
smile.png

Something has taken my FAVORITE Bantam Orp hen...I just took new pics of her last week...I found 'possum tracks this a.m. but also had 2 hawks flying over the house Sat.
hit.gif

Quote:
hit.gif
that's terrible. I live in the eastern panhandle of WV and had several hawk attacks this year. One even flew in the ONE pen I didn't have covered and killed an orp then thrashed around until my father-in-law scared it out! If I had spares...I would send some your way but have have very few bantam orps at this time.

Thanks...I was just letting them free range a bit..since enough snow had melted that they could actually see the ground..I had a new pen for them and when I had them all come to me, she was missing. I was hoping she was just in the brush where they like to hide, but she has never shown up...she was absolutely adorable..I still have 2 hens and a rooster, but she was my favorite..

Quote:
Oh nooo not the bantams!!!
th.gif
I am sooo sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
I sure hope you can track down what type of predator it was and "take care" of it.
somad.gif
For some reason they always seem to know the favorites too.
barnie.gif
Well, start hatching out some adorable little fuzzies to help fill that void.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom