The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Hi folks...
Ive looked everywhere and I have had no luck.

Im looking for bantam jubilee orphington hatching eggs to be shipped into Michigan. I have 3 chocolates and just adore them and would love to have the jubilee to help enhance my cochin bantam millie fluer project. Looking for a dozen-18 count to buy. If anyone can help me out, please pm me. I have several references on being a A++ buyer as I purchased cochin eggs from some well known breeders.
Thanks folks!

I’m working on a new pen just for very broody hens, their chicks and maybe a rooster to replace my incubator and I’m trying to decide which breed(s) to use.
-In general, how broody are Bantam Orpingtons?
-Are certain Orpington colors more broody than others?
-Are there breeders that breed for broodiness?

Very broody from my experience! I have chocolate/chocolate cuckoo.

I agree on broodiness. And excellent mothers too. Sometimes I put my silkies and old english bantam chicks in with my orpington hen and her chicks and no problems.

I've been following this thread since I have english chocolate bantams. I'd love an english blue bantam to add to my flock. Let me know if anyone has one. Here are some pics if mine...and their new chicks.

I also have large fowl English orps in blue and black, and my first chicks from my pair just hatched out 10 chicks!

Oh my goodness, how precious! Just out of curiosity how much does your bantam choc hen weigh and how old is she? I have one that is 8.5 months old and looks a lot like yours. She is approaching 4 lbs and I was wondering if she would get much bigger?

Oh my goodness, how precious!  Just out of curiosity how much does your bantam choc hen weigh and how old is she?  I have one that is 8.5 months old and looks a lot like yours.  She is approaching 4 lbs and I was wondering if she would get much bigger?

The one in pic is 2 1/2 years old. I'd say yours is probably full grown. I haven't weighed mine, but I can guess they're about 4 lbs. They're a little larger than my silkie hens. Good luck...they are super sweet....even the roosters. Post a pic if you have one.

Back
Top Bottom