The bator with the doomed hatch is yelling at me!!! Pics pg 3

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
These eggs started sometime late evening on July 19th. So, today early (Friday) is day 20. Started with 46 eggs and have 6 left. Somebody in there is yelling at me. It is a pretty wonderful sound. However, since two of the ones who died had abdominal deformities I am terrified to see these guys. I just do not want to be in a position to have to make life or death decisions. I am normally willing to help them out if need be. This time I think I will just let them hatch if they can (I say that NOW). Wish me luck.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Yelling is good in this case!..lol

Congrats
jumpy.gif

you have a long night ahead of you
caf.gif

i'm here
smile.png

i'm sure everything will be ok i mean i KNOW everything will be ok
smile.png

so is it still yelling at you?..lol

Hi!!! I wondered if you were around!!!
hugs.gif
Yeah, I just walked by and it said "HEYYYYYYY I hear you out there!!!" LOL so she is still there. The ones that are left are all mutts....a cross between what I THOUGHT was a Barred Rock (but I think he mrophed into a sex link) and a few assorted hens...an EE, a RIR, and a red sex link.

I hope they are all healthy. I have some peeping at me tonight too!! I ordered some Java's off of eggbid. I bought 12 Java's and I got 10 Java's and 3 buff silkies? I didn't ask for buff silkies. 6 of the Java eggs were clear and a few haven't looked right extra large air cell. I did hear peeping from 2 Java eggs.

jackie

hugs.gif
smile.png

Oh so thoughs chicks have a little of everything..lol

she should be pipping soon.. i know when mine start peeping they pip like an hour later

How are your new silkie eggs doin?

Are they the HUGE air cells that look like a saddle over the top of the egg? I have had those quite a bit from shipped eggs (I think it is from the air cell being jarred loose then re-attaching). I have had a few manage to hatch out alright with those. Good luck.
fl.gif
Kinda strange you got stuff you didn't order. Maybe they mixed it up witha different order.

This is the first time I have left them in the cartons to hatch (I think...I don't remember if i did last time) but I normlly take them out on day 18 and lay them flat. Now I am worried that she may have pipped where I can't see it. I keep hanging over the bator trying to see as far down as I can on all of them.
sad.png

The Silkies seem good.
smile.png
Of course, most do on teh forst day. LOL I put them in late this evening after their rest period.
smile.png
How about yours? You are having to wait to put them in 'til the otehrs come, aren't you? You could start them and just assume you are getting that bator for your b-day so you could separate the ones started later then!!! LOL It (your b-day) is this month, right?
smile.png

Last edited:
When I emailed the lady she said "oh I thought I would just through some in." I guess since she didn't give me 12 Java eggs she would just throw in some to make 12 eggs. Java eggs are large and silkie eggs are not. She marked some eggs J for java, some eggs bst, and some with nothing. So who knows what I will get since I don't know what Java's look like. I do have hatched bunches of silkies so I will know those.

jackie

lol thats good

my first set of eggs are in the bator i couldn't wait so me and you are due on the 28th it seems
jumpy.gif

i'm going to get my second bator even if i have to buy it..lol i need it

i'm sure your babies are ok..watch you'll see a pip soon
smile.png

what if this comes out?

5429_hatching-pegasus.jpg

your kids would be jumping for joy LOL

Oh my...it is one thing to throw in a surprise if you get all of what you ordered, but quite yet another to short you and make a very different exchange. I would say you can see pics of Java babies on Feathersite.....they show just about everything so you could be sure of what you got.

As strange as this hatch has been so far, I wouldn't be too surprised. Yeah, the kids would be thrilled!!! I might have to re-home it, however! I think that would require more care than I am wanting to put out right now!!! LOL I thought you might go ahead and set them. It is too hard to wait. Besides, if your others come tomorrow they will just be one day off. You do NEED the otehr bator though....how are you gonnna manage the space on these eggs right now????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom