The bator won...set eggs last night.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magikchick, Oct 28, 2009.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    After setting in the corner mocking me for weeks, I gave in and set eggs in the thing. It just would't leave me along. I could hear it taunting me "Come on you know you want to hatch, you need to hatch!" "Put the eggs in, put the eggs in."

I thought I was stronger then it but I am not. So now I have 13 eggs setting in it and it is content for now. Seven little silkie eggs from my roo that I got from Bobbi Porto and 6 LF cochins. I'm hopeing one or two of the cochin eggs are from the hen I lost over the weekend.

2. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]
    Sorry to hear about your hen [​IMG]

eggsrcool [​IMG]

3. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Darn Bator!! Those bators and the mind games they play and add to that the Silkie mind control you never stood a chance......

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  4. RevaVirginia

RevaVirginia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Reva, VA
    Here I was making myself sick trying to decide If I wanted an Incubator that had the automatic humidity feature. Now I'm really in trouble if there's a voice option on those things. Do they offer male and female voices on them like they do the automobile GPS devices?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Fluffy-Butt-Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Central Florida
    my friend laughs at me because even though i'm new to this....if i dont fill all the spaces up in the bator in the beginning i'm not happy. lol. of course, the down side to that is figuring out where all the chicks are gonna go when they're born.

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Oh my gosh, it's sooo true. It sits there and calls you, mocks you for being weak. Feeding birds over winter isn't so hard. You pathetic whimp, you KNOW you want to hatch... Then it starts to coax you, come on, you KNOW you need to... What if all those other hatchlings are Roos??? You should hatch more to be certain of a pullet...

Deadly, possessive things bators are. Try having two, one a cabinet bator... Fill only one tray and it laughs - Is THAT the BEST you can do???

7. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    LOL, mine did the same thing. I also bought chicks, built brooder pens in the new (shed) chicken barn and it got down to freezing 2 days later. Babies were all fine, but yikes!

8. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    This is beginning to look like a good sized club of possessed crazy people...

9. countrylife

countrylife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mo
    I hear ya, I had to put mine in the box, tape it shut and hide it in the closet.

10. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Quote:That only works for a short while and one day you'll come across it. By then it will be angry and demand that you run it non stop for months on end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by