~The Battle of the Empires~ A RP

"This is Captain Nostros of the Terrellian Fleet, guardian of the Cardoulian sector. State you purpose Captain Nakiso, you linger on our borders Sir."

Nakiso took a deep breath, "the Drex have attacked Battia."

Nostros laughed. "Good sir you cannot be serious... " He noticed the serious look in the Battain's face. "No... It cannot be true? You borders were impervious a hundred years ago last I knew. How strong has their reach grown indeed to stand head over the Battain Empire?"

"Sir." Kasha whispered over Nostros' shoulder. He stretched his ear over to her. "We can confirm a distress signal, it is weak but it registers the attack on their home world."

Nostros stared at the com for a brief moment. "Come Captain dock with the ship, You are to come to Terrellia and report to our King. Our borders are secure enough, and we have no quarrel with the Battain."

Last edited:
Nostros laughed. "Good sir you cannot be serious... " He noticed the serious look in the Battain's face. "No... It cannot be true? You borders were impervious a hundred years ago last I knew. How strong has their reach grown indeed to stand head over the Battain Empire?"

"Sir." Kasha whispered over Nostros' shoulder. He stretched his ear over to her. "We can confirm a distress signal, it is weak but it registers the attack on their home world."

Nostros stared at the com for a brief moment. "Come Captain dock with the ship, You are to come to Terrellia and report to our King. Our borders are secure enough, and we have no quarrel with the Battain."

Nakiso nodded, pulling his ship alongside theirs though kept a safe distance. "They infiltrated the Main Control Tower, so now not only do they have a hold of the supercube they assembled all of the Battian Empire's defenses and destroyed them all. All of our colonies are now completely vulnerable, its probably only a matter of hours until they take the entire empire."

"How did they manage to dissable the defense systems, unless it was from the inside? Their Drex warning system shouldn't have allowed any ships near the planet." Krits whispered.

"Captain Nakiso, we need to scan your ship for tracking devices before we can safely jump." Kasha informed over the com.

If they can invade all of the Battain Empire in a matter of hours... that would mean that they have deployed their entire fleet. Nostros signaled to mute the com. "Send an encrypted message with what we have learned to Terrellia, we will need to alert all neighboring territories to re-enforce their border defenses." Nostros stood and made way to the docking bay. "Make sure he docks, I don't want to leave a trail for unfriendly noses to follow."

Last edited:
Nakiso nodded, turning off his com screen and switching the ship's gear to dock. He shut off the ship's shields, allowing it to be scanned.

Nostros waited in the small docking bay for the stinger to land. Nakiso? Sounds familiar, then again it has been a very long time. The stinger powered down after the tractor beams guided the entry. Nostros greeted Nakiso as he exited the cockpit. “It sounds like you have quite a heavy burden on your shoulders Captain Nakiso. Come find rest here and we will get you to Terrellia as fast as our ship can carry you. I know our King will be sympathetic to your plight and will do anything in his power to help your people.”

Last edited:
Nostros had Krits take Nakiso to the guest quarters. Nostros returned to the bridge, where he studied as much of the updated data as he could. Krits returned shortly, and while glancing at Captain Nostros, shrugged his shoulders. Krits had a way of reading people, it was a gift.

Nostros had hoped to get a little more information about Nakiso… He was suspicious that perhaps the Captain was hiding something. Perhaps he was a traitor who shut down the defenses that allowed the Drex into the Battain fortress? Perhaps it was all a lie, some tactic to deceive the Terrellians. But… then again why? The Battain were always a proud people, not prone to betray their own kind or those who were allies. True the Terrellians had no current alliances with them, but had always been a friendly neighboring empire.

Nakiso rubbed his forehead, his blue gem glowed bright enough to see in the fully lit room when he was frustrated. It was always a handy warning sign to the crew to give the Captain his space. “How long until we arrive?”

“2 days Sir,” Kasha leaned back in her chair.

“Everyone keep your ears and eyes open and alert, I don’t want a single space speck floating by without being noticed. I want every transmission intercepted and analyzed.”

“Yes Captain.” Kasha and the rest of the bridge crew acknowledged.

Nostros had Krits take Nakiso to the guest quarters. Nostros returned to the bridge, where he studied as much of the updated data as he could. Krits returned shortly, and while glancing at Captain Nostros, shrugged his shoulders. Krits had a way of reading people, it was a gift.

Nostros had hoped to get a little more information about Nakiso… He was suspicious that perhaps the Captain was hiding something. Perhaps he was a traitor who shut down the defenses that allowed the Drex into the Battain fortress? Perhaps it was all a lie, some tactic to deceive the Terrellians. But… then again why? The Battain were always a proud people, not prone to betray their own kind or those who were allies. True the Terrellians had no current alliances with them, but had always been a friendly neighboring empire.

Nakiso rubbed his forehead, his blue gem glowed bright enough to see in the fully lit room when he was frustrated. It was always a handy warning sign to the crew to give the Captain his space. “How long until we arrive?”

“2 days Sir,” Kasha leaned back in her chair.

“Everyone keep your ears and eyes open and alert, I don’t want a single space speck floating by without being noticed. I want every transmission intercepted and analyzed.”

“Yes Captain.” Kasha and the rest of the bridge crew acknowledged.

Nakiso settled down in the quarters, thanking Krits as he sat down. Thoughts were bombarding his mind, and questions that could not yet be answered surfaced themselves.
"Why did they attack so suddenly, ambush us? Most of the time the Drex are completely mindless and just barge into the fight, planet busters at worst. Who on Battia could have thought of such a tactic to completely shut down our defenses? And why would they preserve Battia in the first place if they had the supercube? Unless, of course, this plan is just part of a much bigger plan..."

After a few hours of flight, a huge object suddenly appeared on the Terrellians' radar. It appeared to be a massive fleet, and didn't appear to be going towards them though their paths would intersect if neither ships moved or changed direction.

Isn't there usually more than 2 players? in RP games that is.

Yeah, I don't understand why hardly anyone is joining.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom