The Bessemer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing what a can of spray paint can do!

yuckyuck.gif

Actually it was Windows Paint.
That's just the hen I have now (who is solid buff). I forgot to add in the white primaries.

Look, I don't want this thread to become a battleground. In fact, this thread was supposed to be an Apology/Update, and I really wasn't intending for it to get very large, hence the PMs I sent out to those I wanted to see it. But if people ask questions, I will answer them if I can. I'm not allowed to tell you to leave, but I don't want this thread becoming a tornado of harsh feelings. So please, if you have negative opinions, you should PM me. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing to think about is that the Bessy is still going to exist. If people ignorantly continue thinking that a duck like that is a BO, then they'll inadvertantly salvage the exact type of duck the Bessemer is now. Our local strain of BO is so un-BO'd that you really can't logically call it a BO, but everyone does.... ...However, the New Bessies are going to 'hit the shelves' and, filling the same niche, could wipe out the local BO. There are still breeders of these ducks around, but I just figured instead of 'Usurping' a breed (even legidimately) I'd be better off trying to get ducks that are noticably different. The smoother the start of a breed, the better it will do. I will breed these BOs for a few years, until I get the color I'm looking for for the New Bessemers, which does appear regularly in genetic buff stock... (there's a hint). But the Bessy as we know it is going to split off into two groups: the New Bessy, and it's old identity, the Buff Orpington. Don't worry about 'the loss', the New one is going to be better than the Bessy that exists now....
smile.png
I really think the idea of the bib is great. It should end any confusion with the BO's and Bessies. I hope you get the breed established, it looks like it will be unique with the large size and coloring.

I really think the idea of the bib is great. It should end any confusion with the BO's and Bessies. I hope you get the breed established, it looks like it will be unique with the large size and coloring.

Thanks. I think Buff Bib has only occured in either Runners or Calls (probably calls), so this will be the first 'normal duck' (not tiny, not bowling-pin) to have that coloring. In my opinion, it will look nicer than just Buff, the bib given welcome contrast to the bi-color of the Buff. I'm considering sexlinking out to Rouens once the bib is secured, to get facial stripes. Although, the claret on the drakes chest would be somewhat smothered by the bib
wink.png

Look, I don't want this thread to become a battleground. In fact, this thread was supposed to be an Apology/Update, and I really wasn't intending for it to get very large, hence the PMs I sent out to those I wanted to see it. But if people ask questions, I will answer them if I can. I'm not allowed to tell you to leave, but I don't want this thread becoming a tornado of harsh feelings. So please, if you have negative opinions, you should PM me. Thank you.

Here's what I don't get about all this, fair enough the first part was an apology but in the second part you carry on with the topic that started it all off in the first place!
Why start it up again?
You also pm'd the people you knew you would get a reaction from. Every time your'e ignored for more than 5 minutes you start up with something even more outrageous, why do you feel the need to seek attention constantly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I don't get about all this, fair enough the first part was an apology but in the second part you carry on with the topic that started it all off in the first place!
Why start it up again?
You also pm'd the people you knew you would get a reaction from. Every time your'e ignored for more than 5 minutes you start up with something even more outrageous, why do you feel the need to seek attention constantly?
The reason I sent out PMs was so people could read the apology, and to tell them what I was planning on doing with the birds. I don't see how this is outrageous, sorry. What I don't understand is why everyone's ignoring the apology?

Evidently the OP is taking a more gentle and mature approach. I see little value in attempting to antagonize.
idunno.gif

Evidently the OP is taking a more gentle and mature approach. I see little value in attempting to antagonize.
idunno.gif

Thanks for the help
smile.png
.... Suddenly the 'antagonists' are quiet
hmm.png
.... It nearly seems like some have begrudged me. Not all of those I sent summons to have posted here yet, so will see soon who forgives me or not...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom