The Best Barnyard Mix Contest!

Ok. I have a question for you other mutters. My adult laying hens are a barnyard bantam, 2 salmon faverolles, and an EE, but I'm confused by a couple chick's from 2 hatches ago. They are around a month old..
Here are my hens and my BO rooster (the head rooster) all the hens stick with him although every once in a bit one of the other roosters gets in there..

Here are my other roosters...Most of the chick's are fathered by the BO, but this EE gets a decent amount of hen time I now know from what I get out of the hatches...

Here are my last 2 roosters. This guy has fathered one chick for sure in my most recent hatch, and possibly one in the group I'm talking about now but nothing obvious...

And lastly my salmon ffaverolle roosters that I don't think sees a bit of action.

Now for my question. I hatched 13 chicks on 5-18 and 3 of them are obviously salmon mixes. They hatched out of the faverolles eggs, and have beards and feathered feet and 5 toes, but...but...they are feathering in all white...

So how did I end up with totally white chicks when I have not one all white, or even mostly white adult. Chicken?
some of the chicks are all white because I inadvertently made sex links and the white ones are the boys.

Back
Top Bottom