The Best Barnyard Mix Contest!

They do have a sort of game type look to their faces, so I'm betting mommy or daddy was sumatra. Too bad you can't figure out what they are, if you could make more of her I bet there's a lot of people that would want one. Me included, lol.

Interesting...thank you for your input. I have always wondered, and if I could clone her I certainly would because not only is she pretty but she is one of the most personable chickens I've ever had. She is so friendly that she runs to me and is one of the few that seems to enjoy being picked up and talked to (and carries on a lively conversation with me). And some time back she decided she'd really prefer to be a house chicken and started following so close on my heels when I was going in the back door, that more than once she made it in and I didn't even know it. Once in, she'd wander around checking everything out with great interest and only once pooped on the floor. We recently moved to a new place where she can no longer follow me in, but she meets me at the gate to the chicken yard every time and stays with me until I leave. We are in the country now and have a lot of bugs in the new house so I jokingly told DH I could get her a diaper and she could live in the house and eat them for us and to my surprise he kind of said "Ok" but I haven't done anything about it yet.

Now that I can have roosters, I plan to incubate some of her eggs and see what happens. I don't have any Sumatras so they would only half be her but you never know.

Belle Mai, 6 months, Silkie/Faverolle

Rod Stewart... Same age as Belle, same breed mix... they are full siblings.. Look so different!

Sorry pic is fuzzy... Zoomed in with camera phone...

And Lastly, An I have no idea, but what he is barnyard mix... He's got 5 toes, so thinking faverolle cross... 6 months.

BM Name: No names yet
tongue.png

BM Age: Hatchlings
BM Breed: All are LF Cochin Crosses, with either Barred Rock, Salmon Faverolles, TetrTint, or Mottled Houdan

Interesting...thank you for your input. I have always wondered, and if I could clone her I certainly would because not only is she pretty but she is one of the most personable chickens I've ever had. She is so friendly that she runs to me and is one of the few that seems to enjoy being picked up and talked to (and carries on a lively conversation with me). And some time back she decided she'd really prefer to be a house chicken and started following so close on my heels when I was going in the back door, that more than once she made it in and I didn't even know it. Once in, she'd wander around checking everything out with great interest and only once pooped on the floor. We recently moved to a new place where she can no longer follow me in, but she meets me at the gate to the chicken yard every time and stays with me until I leave. We are in the country now and have a lot of bugs in the new house so I jokingly told DH I could get her a diaper and she could live in the house and eat them for us and to my surprise he kind of said "Ok" but I haven't done anything about it yet.

Now that I can have roosters, I plan to incubate some of her eggs and see what happens. I don't have any Sumatras so they would only half be her but you never know.
Lol, who knows. I have been trying to recreate my little mutt since I've got her. I tried breeding her with sizzles, and the babies are just coming out looking like sizzles,lol. So now I'm getting some d'uccles and seeing if their personality matches hers better to see if that's what else she is.
hu.gif

These are just too cute! I accidentally forgot to stop the contest because it was past its date, but I will end it a 12:00
o'clock.

Two more hours to go :)

Back
Top Bottom