The Best Barnyard Mix Contest!

Name: Cubalaya
Breed: 50% cubalaya 25% standard dark cornish 25% golden sebright

Wow beautiful, great photos too!!!
thumbsup.gif

Pretty, I love her patterning. Maybe sumatra mix? I think they have black comb/wattles too.
I didn't know that! I had just built and incubator and wanted to try it out on some fertile eggs without spending a fortune in case it didn't work, so I looked on Craigslist and found a lady selling eating eggs & called and asked if they were fertile. She assured me they were, and I bought a dozen from her. I asked at the time about breeds but it turned out it was actually her brother out of town who owned the flock and she was just selling the eggs in town on his behalf and didn't know a chicken from a turkey so she just looked blank when I asked about breeds. All three of the birds in that last picture are from the same batch of eggs and all turned out completely different.

I didn't know that! I had just built and incubator and wanted to try it out on some fertile eggs without spending a fortune in case it didn't work, so I looked on Craigslist and found a lady selling eating eggs & called and asked if they were fertile. She assured me they were, and I bought a dozen from her. I asked at the time about breeds but it turned out it was actually her brother out of town who owned the flock and she was just selling the eggs in town on his behalf and didn't know a chicken from a turkey so she just looked blank when I asked about breeds. All three of the birds in that last picture are from the same batch of eggs and all turned out completely different.
They do have a sort of game type look to their faces, so I'm betting mommy or daddy was sumatra. Too bad you can't figure out what they are, if you could make more of her I bet there's a lot of people that would want one. Me included, lol.

Back
Top Bottom