The Best Barnyard Mix Contest!

Could you guys check out my new thread and possibly add to it? You guys have great birds and projects, so I know you guys would have some great input! Check it out here Don't forget to post lots of pictures of your birds! Thanks

I have 2 mixed breeds; Black Silkie/BCM

I think they are both roos but only 1 has crowed to date!
One is black with copper on wings and "mohak" single comb with soo much feathering on the feet it looks like it has boots on...and I cant begin to express how darn sweet it is...literally will nestle its head and neck stretched out across my arm to close its eyes...every single time..too sweet!
the other a beautiful silver/blue color with hints of copper on the wings w/a cluster/rose comb (Roo);

Names: None
Breed: Black Silkie/BCM

BM's name: I have yet to name her
hide.gif
(Am open to suggestions)

BM's Age: 17 months

BM's Breed: Due to the black skin, possibly a silkie mix but beyond that, no clue

BM pictures:

This might be the neatest looking chicken I have seen so far!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my chick is a barnyard mix and if so, what breed?

Ok. I have a question for you other mutters. My adult laying hens are a barnyard bantam, 2 salmon faverolles, and an EE, but I'm confused by a couple chick's from 2 hatches ago. They are around a month old..
Here are my hens and my BO rooster (the head rooster) all the hens stick with him although every once in a bit one of the other roosters gets in there..

Here are my other roosters...Most of the chick's are fathered by the BO, but this EE gets a decent amount of hen time I now know from what I get out of the hatches...

Here are my last 2 roosters. This guy has fathered one chick for sure in my most recent hatch, and possibly one in the group I'm talking about now but nothing obvious...

And lastly my salmon ffaverolle roosters that I don't think sees a bit of action.

Now for my question. I hatched 13 chicks on 5-18 and 3 of them are obviously salmon mixes. They hatched out of the faverolles eggs, and have beards and feathered feet and 5 toes, but...but...they are feathering in all white...

So how did I end up with totally white chicks when I have not one all white, or even mostly white adult. Chicken?

All the other chicks hatched make sense, but not these 3 white ones. Ones very last wing feather is black, and one has really light tan speckles on the very tip of its wing feathers and the other is all white with no color leakage of any kind.

Back
Top Bottom