The Best Black Copper Marans, Who has them?

some of these Marans eggs seem way overly expensive from what I have seen around.
Try the Marans thread and se if you can locate someone willing to share.
Maybe you can find better value.
Just my opinion but seeing a dozen eggs go for 80.00 or more plus shipping blows my mind.

I raise Empordanesa which are one of the rarest breeds here in the U.S and I'd never dream of charging close to that.
Maybe some on here can lead you to someone.

Thank you for your time
I am a homesteader,a senior I don't want show chickens.
I understand most show people need more money.to help cover costs
Culls are fine for me they are beautiful you like to see different color eggs
I asked a few if they would mail 6 eggs heck I would be happy with 3 eggs
I will look for you birds on face book
You have me curious
Thank you pat

P.s. good luck with your birds

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew a reputable Black Copper maran breeder in Missouri.. I am hoping some one is close to Springfield area. I hope it is okay to post this here!

Thank so much,
Bell

I have ordered eggs from Blue Water Ranch. Helen was very nice & wanted to know my hatch rate. None hatched. The 3 I opened were not fertile. She will not respond as promised if there was a hatching problem. We have never had a problem hatching with a incubator. I'm not saying she's bad. I know you do take a chance with shipped eggs. I have never had a 0% hatch rate until these. We just had no luck. We are still looking for BCM eggs.

I had to do quite a bit of digging to find out what Bluewater Ranch is. It is located on Bluewater Rd. in Livingston, Texas. Their foundation stock was a mix of multiple Wade Jeane strains and the Bev Davis line. The Flock owner is named Helen Byers.

In an Ebay Listing Helen indicated that she wins at every show she goes to and that she attend the Blue Bonnet Classic every year. The 2014 Blue Bonnet Classic was held last week end (1/4/2014)

There were 8 Marans exhibitors at the January 4, 2014 show. The show results are below.

I didn't run into Helen at the show or see any of her birds but she may have been there with her Marans (???). I didn't see her listed in any of the show results that I could pull up from the past few years. I don't have a complete list and could have missed her though (???).

Helen appears to specialize in shipped eggs and has some positive feed back on hatch rates of shipped eggs and egg color. I would contact her directly to learn more about her Marans and request information on her flock.

P.S. I got lucky and had a young hen lay a clutch of really big and dark eggs at the beginning of her laying cycle in December. I took some of these eggs to enter in the egg show at the Blue Bonnet Classic. They are the dark ones on the bottom row. :)

I would Suggest you try some of his eggs, I think you would be pleased.

I have ordered eggs from Blue Water Ranch. Helen was very nice & wanted to know my hatch rate. None hatched. The 3 I opened were not fertile. She will not respond as promised if there was a hatching problem. We have never had a problem hatching with a incubator. I'm not saying she's bad. I know you do take a chance with shipped eggs. I have never had a 0% hatch rate until these. We just had no luck. We are still looking for BCM eggs.

Try GaryDean26, dont think you could go wrong on them, hatching eggs are always a gamble when you ship them. (USPS)

Thank you for responding. She finally did respond to me. She offered to reship the eggs & me pay for shipping. I think that is fair. I am talking to the moderator on one of the BCM forums now, to learn from my mistakes. I want a successful hatch. The eggs were for my granddaughter. After deciding, what the problem was (me, Helen or the eggs) I will be ordering again. As far as the eBay feedback, Helen contacted me the day the eggs were delivered. (I can't remember the exact wording)but it was basically I needed to leave the feedback that day & if positive, she would do the same. I know, crazy on my part, right. She is very nice.

Back
Top Bottom