The best incubator.

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
I'm planning on hatching eggs this Spring and was wondering which incubator to buy?

I'm planning on hatching anywhere from 20-30 eggs, all large fowl varieties. I'm looking for something that is easy to use for somebody who's hatching for the first time.

Any suggestions? Any advice?

Thanks!

Built my own. Two of them. They work great.
yippiechickie.gif

I have the octagon 20 eco. I love it. So easy to set up and clean. Only holds 24 large fowl eggs, but it is very stable. No temp problems like with styrofoam models. Sometimes its on sale, check out the brinsea website.

I dont have much experience with differnt types of incubators but i woud say DO NOT GET AN LG! They sometimes work good but i havent been having much luck with mine. it doesnt keep temp or humidity very well even with a towel wrapped around it.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I have the same one, and love it. I find it almost idiot proof. Temp was easy to set, stayed stable throughout, and I didn't have to worry about humidity at all. Just It was so easy, very direct instructions. I got 15 out of 18 eggs hatched.
I will be buying a bigger brinsea as my husband wants to hatch about 100 or so at one time.
You can also get the brinsea that will hold 40 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom