The BEST INCUBATOR???

Amanda Patrick

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 17, 2012
Indiana
hello, i have about 30 eggs that the hens do not seem to be laying on and rather laying everywhere. I left the eggs in the pen thinking she would start and the three hens where just laying decoy eggs.
However i do not want to loose the eggs and i was wondering what is the best incubator and where to get it.

I did get the one from TSC and hand turned mine last yr but something went wrong because all were developed but they didnt hatch out. and i am planning on getting a better and bigger one. but i cant afford one over $500

For that many eggs you will probably want a Hovabator styrofoam with a fan, not a still air since the temps don't stay stable. The turner is nice since they need to be turned 3 times a day, but is around $40 extra. A fair one will run $80-150.Incubator Warehouse has some good deal. Be sure and get a digital thermometer/hygrometer (for humidity)--they are $10-15. Read the incubation thread on the learning center.

Get a brinsea with the turner. You will be far under 500 . What I hear Is that they hatch great and are much better than the lgs or hovabators. I used to have lgs and they were fine once I figured it all out. I have moved up since

ok, i will look at that one. someone from where i live told me about a REDWOOD?? but i wasnt sure if they were talking about the material or brand. The one i got from tsc, we were able to hatch one peachick and one swan from but about 7 other eggs didnt hatch and i was upset.

It takes a lot to get it right with the LG. There is a thread on here tips and tricks on using a LG. It has a lot of good info. I still use mine cause I finally got it down. Been getting 45-80% hatch rates.

Last edited:
It takes a lot to get it right will the LG. There is a thread on here tips and tricks on using a LG. It has a lot of good info. I still use mine cause I finally got it down. Been getting 45-80% hatch rates.
that about sums it up for my results too. Temp is easy but the humidity can be tricky. Once you get it figured out you've got it. It doesn't seem to matter how much you read you just have to start hatching and adjust by your results.

Good luck and happy hatching.

Back
Top Bottom