The Best Place to Live in the United States?

North Florida isn't too bad..... yes it gets hot in the summer, but only really bad for a few months..... Good thing, no snow! A really cold winter is when it gets into the twentys, and that normally only happens for a few days anyway... and gets back into the 70's...hehe. We have a good amount of rain normally... been drouts all over the last few years however, but normally it rains and then the sun comes out. Not many Tornados, Hurricanes seem to go above us or below us...... You can be in the City, or out in the country or live by the beach...... Florida seems to have someplace for everyone. Did you know there are more cattle in Florida then in all of TX? More race horses then KY..... Not just a beach and flip flop state. Their are rolling hills out west, fruit farms down South...... a little bit of everything.
Taxes are fair, people from other states always moving down so driving can be fun....... LOL. Unemployment is about the same as it is anywhere else.... Cost of living isn't too bad either... not the cheapest but about average. Lots of animals here from farm to exotics...... many easy to find.

Last edited:
Did you know there are more cattle in Florida then in all of TX? More race horses then KY.....

Say it ain't so.
smile.png

I am surprised there are more cattle in Florida than Texas, but I can see that it is possible. Much of Texas is dry and not really that good for raising cattle.

You don't have mountains in Florida, so you don't have everything.
smile.png

Florida is nice and I will visit that state again. But the summers are too hot for Florida to be the best place to live (at least for me).

Well I have to say Inland Empire of So. Calif. is the best place for me. Anytime it gets below 80 degrees I'm cold and I don't care for the rain. when it's hot here it's day heat and 100 degrees with 5% humidity is much better then 80 with 90%. Any day I have the beach the mountains the desert. I can grow almost anything. The weather here is perfect for me.
I looked at the tax sites and it said Calif. has a 10% sales tax well I don't know of anyplace in Calif. that has that kind of sales tax.
Zoning laws are minimal and if you carry a gun as long as you're not waving it in the air nobody will say poop.
I can go to Charger, Dodger, Padres, Angel, Ducks, Kings, Lakers,and Clippers games.
Close to all kinds of jobs.
If you're not in the hills you don't have to worry about mudslides, fires, and floods.
No hurricanes or tornadoes.
Earthquakes we do have. Big ones may last 2 or 3 minutes, but even if your house falls down all your stuff is still there you don't have to go looking for it.

ONLY place for me.

North Florida isn't too bad..... yes it gets hot in the summer, but only really bad for a few months..... Good thing, no snow! A really cold winter is when it gets into the twentys, and that normally only happens for a few days anyway... and gets back into the 70's...hehe. We have a good amount of rain normally... been drouts all over the last few years however, but normally it rains and then the sun comes out. Not many Tornados, Hurricanes seem to go above us or below us...... You can be in the City, or out in the country or live by the beach...... Florida seems to have someplace for everyone. Did you know there are more cattle in Florida then in all of TX? More race horses then KY..... Not just a beach and flip flop state. Their are rolling hills out west, fruit farms down South...... a little bit of everything.
Taxes are fair, people from other states always moving down so driving can be fun....... LOL. Unemployment is about the same as it is anywhere else.... Cost of living isn't too bad either... not the cheapest but about average. Lots of animals here from farm to exotics...... many easy to find.

Completely agree! I was wondering when someone would mention Florida. Florida is my home state and the perfect place for me :) Weather is perfect imo, except it does need to start raining again.

My idea of the perfect place to live is near good beaches, in a rural area but right outside a city, not too far from Orlando (Florida residents can buy annual passes to Universal, Disney World, etc), in at least zone 9a (of the USDA hardy zone) so you can grow lots of subtropical fruit trees/plants without too much effort, good horse riding trails nearby, and of course, no zoning laws, and owning at least 10 acres of land, with pasture, wetlands, woods, and a big pond.

Well I have to say Inland Empire of So. Calif. is the best place for me. Anytime it gets below 80 degrees I'm cold and I don't care for the rain. when it's hot here it's day heat and 100 degrees with 5% humidity is much better then 80 with 90%. Any day I have the beach the mountains the desert. I can grow almost anything. The weather here is perfect for me.
I looked at the tax sites and it said Calif. has a 10% sales tax well I don't know of anyplace in Calif. that has that kind of sales tax.
Zoning laws are minimal and if you carry a gun as long as you're not waving it in the air nobody will say poop.
I can go to Charger, Dodger, Padres, Angel, Ducks, Kings, Lakers,and Clippers games.
Close to all kinds of jobs.
If you're not in the hills you don't have to worry about mudslides, fires, and floods.
No hurricanes or tornadoes.
Earthquakes we do have. Big ones may last 2 or 3 minutes, but even if your house falls down all your stuff is still there you don't have to go looking for it.

ONLY place for me.

It is very hot and dry in that area. It is good that you like that climate.

There are a lot of people moving out your way from the Los Angeles area. Southern California has too many people.

It is good that you found your perfect place to live.

Completely agree! I was wondering when someone would mention Florida. Florida is my home state and the perfect place for me :) Weather is perfect imo, except it does need to start raining again.

My idea of the perfect place to live is near good beaches, in a rural area but right outside a city, not too far from Orlando (Florida residents can buy annual passes to Universal, Disney World, etc), in at least zone 9a (of the USDA hardy zone) so you can grow lots of subtropical fruit trees/plants without too much effort, good horse riding trails nearby, and of course, no zoning laws, and owning at least 10 acres of land, with pasture, wetlands, woods, and a big pond.

The weather is perfect but it doesn't rain?
smile.png
It sounds like the weather might not be perfect for you. I know Florida generally has nice weather. But the summers are hot and humid. That is why all the "snow birds" fly north in the spring.

When you say no zoning laws, that is in the unincorporated area where you live, right? Because I think most Florida towns have zoning laws. If you live on 10 acres, you aren't going to have to worry too much about zoning laws anywhere.

It seems you have found your perfect place to live also.

Say it ain't so.
smile.png

I am surprised there are more cattle in Florida than Texas, but I can see that it is possible. Much of Texas is dry and not really that good for raising cattle.

You don't have mountains in Florida, so you don't have everything.
smile.png

Florida is nice and I will visit that state again. But the summers are too hot for Florida to be the best place to live (at least for me).

Well, I'm in North Florida......... so it's almost GA...... LOL

The weather is perfect but it doesn't rain?
smile.png
It sounds like the weather might not be perfect for you. I know Florida generally has nice weather. But the summers are hot and humid. That is why all the "snow birds" fly north in the spring.

When you say no zoning laws, that is in the unincorporated area where you live, right? Because I think most Florida towns have zoning laws. If you live on 10 acres, you aren't going to have to worry too much about zoning laws anywhere.

It seems you have found your perfect place to live also.

Yeah, the last like 3 years it hasn't rained much at all. My retention pond is so low, it used to always be full but it hasn't been since 2009. I guess there's been a drought in the last few years, it isn't usually like this. I wouldn't really mind but I'd like my pond to have more water in it.

No, I live in the suburbs, but 10 acres of land would be my idea of perfect :) One day I want to buy at least 10 acres.

Is the retention pond on your land or just within the subdivision?

It was very dry here in Texas last summer. The lakes are just now filling up.

Back
Top Bottom