The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

#3, #4, #5

#3, #4, #5, #6

I have been suspect of #1 being a roo for a couple of weeks. They are six weeks old and #1 started getting awfully pink around 4 weeks. #2 started getting a little pink around week 5 and the comb is a little bigger than the others. For right now I'm assuming #3, #4, #5, and #6 are girls.
Honestly, they all look too pink in the comb for pullets...
hide.gif

My chicks are 4 weeks old today. I think most of my chicks are female. However, I'm a newbie. But I have 2 that I have a gut feeling are male. Can you give me your opinions please?

Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Weeks Old

SLW 4 Weeks old (same chick as above) The comb is pinker in person than in pictures.

Same SLW 4 Weeks old Wattle development

Easter Egger 4 Weeks old

Same EE as above 4 weeks old

#3, #4, #5, and #6 just started getting pink. #6 especially is suspect now that I'm looking again. The picture of #2 also washed out the color a little. It's more pink than appears in the picture.

Four month old gold laced polish I'm more than sure two are Roos but the rest I'm puzzled about, need some help so I can start separating them any responses will be appreciated

How old are they?
If you want us to sex them, please get numbered photos of each one so we know which one we are dealing with :)

Last edited:
They are four months some maybe a week younger but I know I have one pullet and two Roos just looking at tail feathers and top hats, some of their tail feathers are already sickle shaped. I'll try to get some more pics today and post later this afternoon

Two out of three I just can't figure out, can't catch the third little to quick for me, but so far I have to many Roos with more in the bator and brooder and one of the hens I have seems to have gone broody. So maybe I'll wind up with a bunch of pullets out of the next couple batches. Thanks in advance

Here is the parent birds if it helps any

Two out of three I just can't figure out, can't catch the third little to quick for me, but so far I have to many Roos with more in the bator and brooder and one of the hens I have seems to have gone broody. So maybe I'll wind up with a bunch of pullets out of the next couple batches. Thanks in advance
Here is the parent birds if it helps any
Both birds pictured have rounded back feathers, indicating pullets.

Back
Top Bottom