The Big Move!!!

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
We got the coop done last night! Well 98% done, bust done enough to put the stinkers in there and know they are safe!

We finally were able to do a real head count too, and Cackle sent 104 instead of the 100, so we have 104 freezer birds, 5 bantys, and 3 ducks in our new coop! They made it thru the night no worse for the wear.

Momma duck is setting in the stall next to the coop, but so far they dont seem to be bothering her at all.

108 poop machines were starting to make my house reek! I am so happy to have my garage door open and some ventilation happening!

Will get pics tonight, the camera was at my office so I could take any last night after they got settled in.

It is SO blessedly quiet! For the first time in almost a month I had my morning coffee without "THe Loud One" hawking at me about this or that. I love animals, but these guys are for eating, so I havent gotten too attached...its easier to be irritated by things you dont love I am discovering!!!! After leaving the garage door open all night it still stinks...and the brooder is out at the barn 250' BEHIND the house...so they permeated everything, altho I suspect the ducks had a lot to do with it since the smell is more that sour wet duck smell than the barny chicken smell...

I was worried tho, we got them moved in and then the circut breaker flipped when we turned on the heat lamps, and we couldnt get it to stay on, so they went without a lamp. But, it was really only for comfort anyways, we had it hanging so high. It was 45 degrees all night so they werent freezing
smile.png

We are SO pleased!

ep.gif
Wow; that is alot of poop! Congrats on getting your coop finished; I can't wait to see some pics!

Back
Top Bottom