The Biggest Little Rooster -- grandchickies on the way!!

Quote:
I currently don't have an incubator. Another forum member graciously offered to let me borrow an incubator, and if that pans out, I will definately attempt to incubate some eggs. But I'll also send some to skand. We'll double the chances of getting some little offspring

The sequel:
"Chicken Story- The Next Generation"
yippiechickie.gif

So sorry to hear about the Biggest Little Rooster!!!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
You and skand will definitely have to keep us updated! I am so glad you have some eggs to incubate!
wee.gif
Thanks so much for all of your time and energy you devoted to the story. It really was a great story and you have talent. When you get published, you should dedicate your first book to the Biggest Little Rooster and Aunt Skand.

I'll be looking for the next installment.

Sorry again,

Shelly

I have 7 eggs to send skand, so far. Plus 3 or 4 from tomorrow. I'm gonna ship them out Monday.
I also went and bought an incubator
big_smile.png
I'll put Tuesday and Wednesdays eggs into it, which will be between 6 and 8 eggs. I've never hatched before, so I don't know what will happen, but I know shipping eggs sometimes kills them, so I figure between Aunt Skand and I, we should get at least a few little biggest little rooster offspring.
I can't wait to see what happens. Darn kids won't give me grandkids, so, I'l have to get excited over chicks.

Quote:
YayyyYY!!! If you want, Keep half of little Roo's eggs, they will be good in the fridge while you warm up the bator. lol Remember the tilt. twice a day.

We are gonna have babies!!
There's the sexing test- it may be purely old wives tale, but holding a threaded needle over a living object, if the needle spins in a circle, it's male, and if it spins back and forth, its female.
I tried it on my husband, and almost fell over when that needle spun in a huge circle. We tried it on me, the dog, and the cat ( all females), and it went back and forth. I tested it on my parrots- 1 male, 1 female. It swung accordingly.
So I tested the eggs I'm sending to skand- it says 5 girls and 3 boys.
I'm going to test the eggs I am hatching, and mark them, and see if they end up being what the needle says.

Back
Top Bottom