The Biggest Little Rooster -- grandchickies on the way!!

Is there any way to find out how many members are all addicted to and reading this story? If not, is there any way to find out how many of us are subscribed to this story? Just wondering how many fans there are.

Quote:
I've actually wondered that myself. I wondered if everyone stopped reading long ago, and I'm wasting space on BYC.
Lets have a little poll- who is subscribed to this thread? Who is still reading, been keeping up with the story? Who wants more??

Click on the picture to see a video from today (excuse the fuzziness- something happens during the upload)
There will be a new chapter tomorrow: By the way, I almost got teary eyed making &watching this movie. It's so cool to see the biggest little roosters kids. Von Sneaky and Hardy look alot like he did at that age. To have gone from his death, to buying a bator, and losing Cuatro and Tres, and hatching the others... To see them alive, and running around outside being happy little chicks.. It's a warm fuzzy feeling.

Last edited:
YES!!! KEEP GOING!! I've been following since the beginning. I've got a BLR too (see avatar) and he's been demoted by his little splash hatchling brother, Floyd and is in the ICU (Intensive Chicken Unit) and very depressed and bloodied. Hot Stuff's/Floyd's kids hatched Friday, so I am watching for what lies ahead. They are at the windup toy stage right now.

I love the "all feet and legs" stage yours are at!!

Quote:
I've actually wondered that myself. I wondered if everyone stopped reading long ago, and I'm wasting space on BYC.
Lets have a little poll- who is subscribed to this thread? Who is still reading, been keeping up with the story? Who wants more??

Click on the picture to see a video from today (excuse the fuzziness- something happens during the upload)
There will be a new chapter tomorrow: By the way, I almost got teary eyed making &watching this movie. It's so cool to see the biggest little roosters kids. Von Sneaky and Hardy look alot like he did at that age. To have gone from his death, to buying a bator, and losing Cuatro and Tres, and hatching the others... To see them alive, and running around outside being happy little chicks.. It's a warm fuzzy feeling.

[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10705_3_7outside.jpg[/URL]

I've followed this thread from the first post. I've laughed, I've held my breath, I've rejoiced, I've cheered, and I've wept for critters I never got the privilege to meet "in real life". You've entertained and enriched the lives of many of us, I'm sure. Thank you (and skand, and WoW) for taking the time to share the story and legacy of the BLR and his children.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I've been keeping up from the first. Very interesting. Wonder if the owner (Nifty-Chicken) has a way to tell?

Last edited:
I've been here for a while, and tried to aide the continuation of this thread
wink.png

If you subscribe, you only get one notice till you log back in again.

The weekend was sunny and warm, perfect weather for thier first days in their new house and run. The chicklets really liked their new home. There was alot of space to run and flap their wings.
By the end of the weekend, the chicklets were getting very used to Mamma D. Even when she stood up, ( which she did often, her knees and legs just can't take the squatting down like they used to), they didn't get startled. Every time Mamma D. came into the run, she would bend down and call them. Hardy and McScreamy were normally the first ones out, followed by Laurel. VonSneaky and SS were a little nervous about coming out. Many times VonSneaky ended up staying inside, looking out at the others running around.
When there was a loud sound, they all took off running for the coop. At first, they'd run all the way to the back corner of the coop and wait a few minutes before venturing out again. Hardy was usually the first one out, and the last one in. When something scared them, he let the little ones get inside first. After everyone was safely inside, he'd peek out, and slowly step out.
The chicklets were more adventurous when Mamma D. was in the run with them. Mamma D. kept moving backwards, and calling the chicklets, taking them further from their coop. McScreamy thought the deck was a runway- he would run and take off flying. Laurel though it looked like a fun game, so she started playing airplane also. Even SS joined in. VonSneaky was too timid to play airplane, and Hardy- well, Hardy had a tough tme getting his bigg butt off the ground.
Early Sunday morning, Mamma D. came into the run. She had something called "treat". She crumbled the treat on the ground, and pointed to it. Laurel, Hardy and McScreamy came running out. Mscreamy found a bigger piece of treat and took off running with it. Laurel and Hardy were right there trying to steal it. Mscreamy thought of running into the coop, but SS and VonSneaky were blocking the door.
It was alot like a football game, where the ball was anything that looked like it could be edible, and the goal was inside their mouths. Even the most seasoned pro football player would be jealous of the moves the chicklets had. They could duck and dodge and side-step, and had better moves than football pros who had worked for years and years.
They were in and out all day, worse than little human kids. But they sure were having alot of fun, and they got along very well with each other.
Hardy noticed the mommies and the girls. He thought they were beautiful, and understood how his daddy could fall in love with them. He was very brave, and wandered to the side of the run that connected with the girls' run. He was smart enough to not get right next to the fence, but he was ony a few inches away, staring at the Girls, who were lined up against the fence staring back at him. He tried standing tall and looking big. They sure were pretty.
It may not have been much, but that was Hardy's first adventure. Going to the farthest corner of the run- which was quite a distance for such a little guy- and facing the big girls. And he only flinched once!

Yeah, I've been following this thread since I first found this forum. Very enjoyable and a nice way to learn about the joy of having backyard chickens!
big_smile.png

We recently had the opportunity to help out a lost chicken. Information gained here was instrumental in corraling her and providing her basic temporary care.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom