The Biggest Little Rooster -- grandchickies on the way!!

He truly is his daddy's boy...
love.gif

LilBizzy, I've been reading from the beginning, I don't subscribe to threads, I post in the ones I"m interested in and they show up in the Show My Posts listing. You are not typing for no one!
smile.png

I have read every chapter and am always looking for more, but I don't subscribe to threads because of all the e-mail notifications that go along with subscription.

Keep up the good work! I love it!

Rte.66_chicks :

I have read every chapter and am always looking for more, but I don't subscribe to threads because of all the e-mail notifications that go along with subscription.

Keep up the good work! I love it!

You don't need to subscribe. On the index page, go down to the bottom left, and click on Show Your Posts. Every thread you've posted in will be listed there, the new ones will be highlighted at the top. You can follow from there. I'm with you, I don't like the subscription e-mails, either.​

Quote:
You don't need to subscribe. On the index page, go down to the bottom left, and click on Show Your Posts. Every thread you've posted in will be listed there, the new ones will be highlighted at the top. You can follow from there. I'm with you, I don't like the subscription e-mails, either.

So If I dont want the e-mails I should post a nothing post such as a smiley
tongue.png
or
cool.png
then I will have this saved to my posted posts thingy at the bottom. Thanks, I will start doing that, I like the smiley things anyway, and this gives me a good chance to use one.
frow.gif

LOL-- the rest of the story is coming tonight, if my lovely daughter will get off my computer and go home!! Oh, this is Lil I don't wanna have to log out and log in and log out again, so I'm using hubbys ID.
Gonna go get kid off my computer so I can add new chapter

The chicklets were really enjoying life outside the brooder. Their coop was very spacious, and they loved running in and out of their little pop door to the outside. All five of them liked to run and flap their wings. They were so quick, the Girls and the Ladies couldn't keep track of them.
The Ladies and Girls stood by the fence that connected the runs and stared at the chicklets. The Ladies knew they were the Mommies, but they really didn't know what that meant. All they knew was there were little chicks in what was THEIR coop and run. They had to admit the chicks were cute and funny, though. Having the chicks right next to them was making one of the Ladies and one of the Girls think that they might want to have chicks of their very own. They were plotting in their little chicken heads how to set on eggs without the others bothering them.
The Ladies didn't realize that the babies were their very own flesh and blood, but they were noticing how much Hardy acted like his daddy. Having a biggest little rooster, jr brought on mixed emotions. They were happy because Hardy brought back fond memories of their Man. Hardy also reminded them what they were missing.
Hardy, meanwhile, dreamed of the outside world, outside the run. He knew he was walking ,running, jumping and sleeping in the same spots his daddy did. Hardy was very smart. He knew he should be quite proud of his dad, and he was. Even though his dad wasn't around to show him how to be a good rooster, Mamma D. would tell him stories. He had big chicken feet to fill, and was stepping up nicely.
When they were in the brooder, the chicklets were afraid of most things. They did not like Mamma D. looming over them. Even the treats she brought scared them. Now, they were big kids, and not hardly scared of anything. They really liked Mamma D.
When they heard or saw her coming, the chicklets all ran to greet Mamma D. They would line up against the fence just like the Girls and Ladies did. They even greeted her at the gate. Sometimes she brought treats. No one was afraid of treats anymore.
The only thing that still remained from their baby stage was the heatlamp. Mamma D. raised it higher, because she said big chicklets who have feathers don't need to be in 80 degrees. But they still liked the warmth. And Hardy would never admit it, but he liked the light. He knew that Mamma D knew he was afraid of the dark. He really appreciated her not telling anyone. ( Well, anyone in his little chicken world, anyway)
Mamma D. was letting the Girls and the Ladies out to run free when she got home from work. She'd spend time with the chicklets, talking to them, telling them stories, and petting them. Even McScreamy would accept her petting.
On this one particular day, Mamma D. had an extra surprise for them. It had rained for a few days, and the Ladies were cranky because they were wet and wanting green grass and fresh bugs. They were headed toward the big brown monsters yard, and Mamma D. was trying her best to get them back to their own yard. So, Mamma D. started turning over logs and pieces of scrap wood lying on the ground. The Ladies and Girls knew there were good things under logs, and when they saw Mamma D. flipping logs, they came running.
But Mamma D. grabbed up a bunch of the worms she found, and brought them in to the chicklets. They sure liked worms!! Mamma D kept looking under things and digging to ge tthe worms. Who woud ever think that a human would do so much for a chicken?
There were probably a lot of humans who thought chickens didn't deserve such attention. The chicklets decided they were quite happy that Mamma D was not one of those stinky thinkers.

Now, Mamma D. only caught them up there twice- but the babies are definately becoming big kids now:
10705_march17roosting.jpg

ETA names, from left to right is Laurel, McScreamy, Bb VonSneaky, and SS- Sugar and Spice sweetie aka Skunkback.

And Hardy wants to show off his 'getting redder' Big boy comb:
10705_march17hardy.jpg

Last edited:
Awww they are so cute!!! The white one looks like the BLR babies here,,, the ones I haven't posted pics of....
roll.png
but with school out for me after tomorrow for 2 weeks,, and if I remember to bring the camera home.......

Quote:
You better remmeber that camera.. staple a note to your shirt. LOL I was in marching band in school, and we were going away for a long weekend trip.. I kept forgeting to bring in the permission form. The band director stapled the form to my jacket. LOL I left it there, and didn't forget.

Anyway, the others, except for whitey, all look like the mommies. I have no clue how whitey got so white. I'm thinking one of the mommies was sneakin off and having her an affair....

Back
Top Bottom