The birb king's chickens

I'm so sorry :hugs
2 of the mothers were on the ground with him ans one was in the nest box sitting on the last egg. I thought they would stay there all night and keep him warm but they went back in the nest box and since it is a foot off the ground, the baby could not get back in and got too cold. I lowered the box and added a ramp so that when the next chick hatches it can get in and out easily

2 of the mothers were on the ground with him ans one was in the nest box sitting on the last egg. I thought they would stay there all night and keep him warm but they went back in the nest box and since it is a foot off the ground, the baby could not get back in and got too cold. I lowered the box and added a ramp so that when the next chick hatches it can get in and out easily
:( Poor little one.

Serama hens hatched their second chick today. And I finished the quail aviary

Attachments

• 20230521_161829.jpg
    20230521_161829.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230521_161856.jpg
    20230521_161856.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Well yesterday was not a very good day. I was away for a few days and my dad informed me that 2 female button quail and the Serama chick died. Very frustrating! I noticed one of the button quail hens was acting kinda weird when I left like she got sick, but I don't know what it was or how to deal with it. That is all 3 older female buttons dead within a few weeks of each other. And now the male to female ratio is terrible (5 males and 2 females left) I have never had any males die, only females. And it is pretty much impossible to sell just males. I'm pretty upset about the Serama chick he was fine when I left and my dad said he was fine and active until yesterday when he randomly found him dead in the pen. I hope the Serama mothers try again with some new eggs but I don't know if they will.

Back
Top Bottom