The birb king's chickens

Well yesterday was not a very good day. I was away for a few days and my dad informed me that 2 female button quail and the Serama chick died. Very frustrating! I noticed one of the button quail hens was acting kinda weird when I left like she got sick, but I don't know what it was or how to deal with it. That is all 3 older female buttons dead within a few weeks of each other. And now the male to female ratio is terrible (5 males and 2 females left) I have never had any males die, only females. And it is pretty much impossible to sell just males. I'm pretty upset about the Serama chick he was fine when I left and my dad said he was fine and active until yesterday when he randomly found him dead in the pen. I hope the Serama mothers try again with some new eggs but I don't know if they will.
:hugs

3rd batch of eggs this year is cooking in the incubator. Got about 2 weeks left.

Attachments

• 20230530_064416.jpg
    20230530_064416.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 6
Moved the now 3 month old chicks and split them between the 2 main flocks. They are doing well. Ended up with 4 cockerals. 2 Ameraucanas, 1 bc marans, and one mutt. I might keep the marans or an Ameraucana but I'm not sure.

Another button got sick its the silver male this time. I did some research and realized it is probably quail disease, spreading through my quail flock. The chickens have been sitting on top of the new aviary and pooping in it which is probably making the quail sick. I just don't know what to do at this point. Probably lock them up back in the coop so they are not exposed to chicken poop. I might have to build a totally new coop for them away from the chickens or, I hate to say it, but I might need to get rid of them if they are gonna just keep getting sick and dying. I feel like everything is going wrong for me these days :(

Another button got sick its the silver male this time. I did some research and realized it is probably quail disease, spreading through my quail flock. The chickens have been sitting on top of the new aviary and pooping in it which is probably making the quail sick. I just don't know what to do at this point. Probably lock them up back in the coop so they are not exposed to chicken poop. I might have to build a totally new coop for them away from the chickens or, I hate to say it, but I might need to get rid of them if they are gonna just keep getting sick and dying. I feel like everything is going wrong for me these days :(
Get them on an antibiotic, preferably one of the Tetracyclines like Duramycin or Doxycycline. I had a similar issue in my Quail aviaries, this will save their lives.

Back
Top Bottom