THE BIRDS! THE BIRDS!

jjakaus

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
wyandotte, mi
All of a sudden the birds, mostly sparrows, have started giong INTO the coop to eat the chicken food. I stopped putting food in the run for this reason. I have a small coop with an attached 9x9 run. This is the only place the chickens go. We dont have many predators, so I usually keep the side that is open, open. They have eaten all the grass, so I dont know that they would get enough food if I tried to only feed them in the evening or early morning by closing up the coop and keeping them in. I do give them kitchen scraps and dried cut grass daily. Any suggestions? I have pics so you can get an idea of the layout. Thanks!!!

The coop. There is an opening between so they have access to both sides all day. One side in for roosting and laying and one side has food ( the black feeder attached to wall) and water.

The yard. It is covered from the back wall until just before the open door with sun cloth. In theory I could cover the whole thing, but I think it would cut air flow and that concerns me.

Back
Top Bottom