The blue legs should help?

Thanks to both of you! I am very excited that they might be! I wanted my chickens for eggs, but if they are California Blue Legs...I may raise a couple for fun! He is such a great roo! He really keeps the flock in order when they are free ranging, and runs in full towards anything the hens seem frighten of. Yah, he pecks me if I try to hold him...but I don't blame him for that (and a mini peck at that...doesn't hurt).

Thanks for inviting be here!

That looks like a Bresse from Green Fire Farms. There is a Blue foot chicken that is a re creation of Bresse and they have been in the US for a lot longer.

Bresse are good flyers. They like to roost high but are friendly. They are very good egg layers too.

It is great that you rescued them!

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see my little boy and girl! I am sending a nice hello wave from northeast of you in Olivehurst (below Marysville).

I am very excited about everyone opinion and what an awesome story about how these chickens got here to the central California area! My boyfriend and his sons are going to be so impressed that we all think they are the bresse!

I noticed the hen today jumping up on the coop top...so yep, they can sure make it up there! I watch them carefully when they free range and will be getting a large roofed run very soon! Their coop is not a tractor style, but we have moved it around the back yard to help get the ground ready for my gardens...they do an awesome job of it!

I will have more pics of the others to come :)!

Amy AKA Hen-Nah

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see my little boy and girl! I am sending a nice hello wave from northeast of you in Olivehurst (below Marysville).

I am very excited about everyone opinion and what an awesome story about how these chickens got here to the central California area! My boyfriend and his sons are going to be so impressed that we all think they are the bresse!

I noticed the hen today jumping up on the coop top...so yep, they can sure make it up there! I watch them carefully when they free range and will be getting a large roofed run very soon! Their coop is not a tractor style, but we have moved it around the back yard to help get the ground ready for my gardens...they do an awesome job of it!

I will have more pics of the others to come :)!

Amy AKA Hen-Nah

In France, Bresse are kicked out into the fields as soon as they are feathered(usually six weeks old). They get some grain or feed each day but must get most of their food from free ranging. When it is close to slaughter(12 weeks old or so), they are moved into pens and fed milk soaked grains until 16 weeks old for cockerels and 20 weeks old for pullets.

They are very good at getting food from a field. They should be very happy out in your garden area too. Chickens like to work--or have something to do anyway.

Awesome information! And wow, wish I was as spoiled (sans the slaughter part! LOL!). Closest I have gotten to any milk treatment for my pets is last weeks milk and oatmeal bath for my toy poodle Katrina...she had fleas and was miserable, I spoiled her! LOL!

Amy

Thank you muchly for your advice, help and praise! I do my best to provide these sweeties with a great home, and it is fun that the rest of the family here find pleasure in their company and health as well!

Amy AKA Hen-Nah

Back
Top Bottom