the bottom of our coop is concrete patio slabs....should i

um...another good idea patandchickens!..i actually do have those dri-core things...was gonna use them for my basement..but my chicks may get them...with stall matts also...i am going to buy some for my goat pen..(thats on wood)..so when i go i'll get enough to do both pens..thanks again!
frow.gif
..Wendy

Quote:
Absolutely no need to use dri-core AND stall mats. One or the other is perfectly fine. It's not like we dri-core underneath stall mats in horse barns...
smile.png

Have fun,

Pat

I had my barn built on an old cement foundation that was on the property in the woods. I have no idea what was there as there was no wood around it or anything, just a cement foundation. I put stall mats in the stalls and shavings over them for the horses. The tack room I just left the cement floor.
I have one chicken coop with a dirt floor and I just bed it deep with shavings and hay in the winter. The others are raised and have wood floors but I do the same thing with them too. They are only in the coops to sleep, which they go up on their roost, and pretty much stay outside outside all day. I leave the coops doors open and they go in and out at their leisure.

Back
Top Bottom