THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Quote:
very neat idea. i MUST get some felt. thank you.

You can really get by w/o pipettes. Well wait, SOME PEOPLE, I should say, get by without pipettes. They just open the bator, take out the tray w/eggs, add water, and put 'er back together. Remember, mama hen gets off the eggs at least once per day--and for a longer time than it would take us to add a bit of water.......................

See those links i posted for good and helpful data from users!

I only use the pipettes during lockdown. I open the incubator and take out the egg tray to add water the other 18 days as you mentioned. aha! very good to hear. i can see the pipette thing for lockdown. Do you think one could get away w/o it if one filled up and did the sponge,etc. thing on the 18th day?

Quote:
I just hatched out 6 yesterday and have some maran eggs going into lockdown today

i thought you had some scovies going too?

5 out of 6 actually, my bad, but the one that didn't hatch had a flat beak and no horn to use to hatch, but it tried hard, it would have been 100% if it could have gotten out.

Quote:
your 'bad'??

seems like a good percentage. this is your first run in your new eco 20, too! Your 'good' i would say!
poor kiddo, only 36................
lol.png

Quote:
your 'bad'??

seems like a good percentage. this is your first run in your new eco 20, too! Your 'good' i would say!
poor kiddo, only 36................
lol.png

36 is so not enough!
lau.gif
So I have two broodies I sneaked eggs under too, if they hatch that will add 10 more. Just ten, a nice round number. I am so going to have to sell ready-made flocks in the Spring, or build more coops. More coops sounds about right.

I'm really impressed with how this ECO did, I was using a still air LG before, WORLD of difference!

Back
Top Bottom