THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

The one I used (man I miss my ECO 20!) was one meant for a lizard habitat. I got it at Petsmart for $20 and mounted it with the included Velcro to the side of the incubator. It never showed the right temperature there, since the sides are always a bit cooler than where the heat is blowing straight down, but it tracked the humidity spot on. Whenever I fired my incubator up after a rest I would set it at egg height in the middle of the incubator and it would show perfect temperature and humidity.

So I went out and got the same Walmart hygrometer that was shown on page 36 but it's too tall for the bator??
I sure don't understand that. I've never had a problem with mine being to tall. I use it in there all the time. I've never used anything different. You can see where I sit it and it works just fine.
Jim

I just got my octagon 20 advanced and I am about to put my eggs in today. I've been letting it run for 24 hours and it seems great so far!!

hello everyone,
i have a octagon 20 eco and i find it very hardto put water in it!!
how do you put water in yours?
thanks
I usually take the lid off, lift the tray, put the water in and it comes back to temp real quick. That is what I love about the brinsea. Another way I've done is take a piece of aquarium filter hose put it down through the vent hole in the lid, through the nest pan and into the water slot. I then used a needle syringe to squirt the water in. It's kind of hard though cause you can't see the water in the canal. Maybe add food coloring so you could see it.
Jim

I have an advance but do fill the chambers. I bought a box of filter papers at a much better price than buying small batches from Brinsea. I place the filter paper with a right angle fold into the chambers I take out the tray and fill the chambers when the incubator is at it's most extreme tilt. That way I can see that I have added the max amount of water without it spilling as it is rotated.

Back
Top Bottom