THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Yes, during the first 18 days Humidity needs (I keep mine at this) to be 50-55% then during the lock down, I put mine at about 65%, kept the temp right around 99-100 and I had a 100% hatch rate, and this is what I am doing now for this hatch. I put a cut down sponge into the channel to help maintain the RH.

So I have 6 silkie eggs in my Eco 20 now and 24+ on the way.... How are they gonna fit? What's the most eggs you have gotten in there?
I LOVE my Brinsea eco20! The most I have been able to fit is about 24. I used it to hatch gamebird eggs. I have the rods in now with the automatic turner going and bantam eggs. There are 10 bantam eggs and 8 La Fleche and gamefowl eggs.

Pretty sure I can fit in more eggs if I don't use the rods and turner. I seriously need to get a bigger Brinsea
big_smile.png

Does anyone set eggs in this incubator and run it without any fluid in the bottom till lockdown??
I heard one must do this with Marans. I have not.... yet. That is what the breeder told me about her success rate w/ her Marans -99% and she was adamant. Still researching, but I''m hoping that's true.

Back
Top Bottom