THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Once I put the eggs in, I do not touch it at all. I open it every 3 days usually, lift the tray to add water and close it back up. That is all I do till day 18 then move the eggs to my styrofoam one for hatch. lol
Jim
Sometimes when I rock the bator back or forward it will change a degree or so but I still leave it alone.
Same here

On the brinsea manual turn type, when you turn the eggs do you open the entire thing, or do you turn them without losing your heat and humidity?
It was designed to move the entire bator not each individual egg, the ends are hexagonal for that very reason. If you get the auto turner, it moves the entire bator also.

My faith in incubators has been restored using the Brinsea 20 Eco. I have 5 hatched and two more pipping. I have 6 more eggs that havnt pipped yet.

Has anyone else had really prolonged hatchings?

I have a Brinsea 20 Eco, without a turner and I just used it for my first hatch. Every egg that made it to lockdown hatched...! 18/18...

But now I have a question...how do I clean out the top part? it is all full of tiny little feathers. They are all over the fan and all inside the upper housing. I cleaned the tray and bottom parts really well and easily but how do you clean out the top portion? Should I just blow it out with an air compressor? Then maybe spray it with lysol?

I have a Brinsea 20 Eco, without a turner and I just used it for my first hatch. Every egg that made it to lockdown hatched...! 18/18...

But now I have a question...how do I clean out the top part? it is all full of tiny little feathers. They are all over the fan and all inside the upper housing. I cleaned the tray and bottom parts really well and easily but how do you clean out the top portion? Should I just blow it out with an air compressor? Then maybe spray it with lysol?
They have directions that came with it for cleaning by taking some screws out . I cant remember how often they said it should be done..

Its is such an amazing thing to see new chicks hatch! My whole family were captivated. 8 hatched in the end which I am very very happy about! I think this incubator is great!!

Here they are at 3 days old!

Last edited:

If you've got a really good vacuum with an attachment, it's the easiest. I use my husband's wet/dry vac after unscrewing with a phillips, wipe down everything with a bleach sol'n., then air dry. I'd do it after every hatch thou- better be safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom